• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

lounge status doesn't mean much when you can just fly everywhere direct!
the days of precheck and parking being predictable are behind us, so i now arrive 60-90 minutes before all flights. Most of the time that means i'm spending 30-60 min in the lounge.

centurion lounge is pretty sweet if you have that card. our work card is a shitty amex green card so i get nothing there. most of the non-airline lounges (other than centurion) are sketchy

My wife likes to Uber to the airport and get there 30 minutes before the flight and I break out in hives when she says it out loud.

sounds like CLT is an airport in decline
the construction and traffic is certainly frustrating. When they finish the front of the airport things MIGHT get better

but i'm not going to argue with you - as an origination airport, CLT is not as great as it once was. on the positive side, more flights and more destinations

My wife likes to Uber to the airport and get there 30 minutes before the flight and I break out in hives when she says it out loud.
that's how i used to roll. i took great pride in strolling up to the gate, starbucks in hand, as they announced zone 1 boarding. it really made my employees nervous

now i still show up at zone 1, but it's after having gone to the lounge

the construction and traffic is certainly frustrating. When they finish the front of the airport things MIGHT get better

but i'm not going to argue with you - as an origination airport, CLT is not as great as it once was. on the positive side, more flights and more destinations

Or you could fly out of Greensboro and park 100 feet from the front door, breeze through security and hop on your flight - To Charlotte or Atlanta.

that's how i used to roll. i took great pride in strolling up to the gate, starbucks in hand, as they announced zone 1 boarding. it really made my employees nervous

now i still show up at zone 1, but it's after having gone to the lounge

Where are you getting Starbucks ? It used to take forever at the airport, but seems to have gotten a little better recently.

We would get to the airport and my daughter would ask for Starbucks and I would break out in hives.

Flying out of Wilmington for the first time on Monday.

I wish there were still flights out of Smith Reynolds. We flew a few chartered flights out of there in college. So nice to have one that close.

Back in the day, Piedmont Airlines had a flight from GSO to Smith Reynolds, the shortest commercial flight in the US. The "battle" between Smith Reynolds and PTI to be the regional airport is a good read.

I wish there were still flights out of Smith Reynolds. We flew a few chartered flights out of there in college. So nice to have one that close.

Back in the day, Piedmont Airlines had a flight from GSO to Smith Reynolds, the shortest commercial flight in the US. The "battle" between Smith Reynolds and PTI to be the regional airport is a good read.

My uncle was a mechanic for Piedmont.

One year I was flying with the football team to an away game out of Smith Reynolds. There wasn’t a fuel truck available so we flew from SR to PTI.

One time we flew with the basketball team to Sacramento for the NCAAT. We were flying against a strong jet stream and had to land in BFE Kansas to refuel. That's the extent I've spent time in that lovely state.

Or you could fly out of Greensboro and park 100 feet from the front door, breeze through security and hop on your flight - To Charlotte or Atlanta.

Lol, I'm literally doing this in a week. 6am flight that connects thru Atlanta. I'll show up at about 5:25.

with the decline of general work travel I fly maybe once a year now so every time I go to CLT my experience is totally different from the last time with all the detours and in-process construction.

Found this article interesting

You’ve gone from industry sales being up to flat, to now being down versus 2019, and that’s coming at a time that capacity is going up. And then the third leg of that stool is fuel. So you’ve got fuel, capacity, and demand all headed in the wrong direction.”

I guess everyone got their post pandemic travel out of the way and/or discretionary income is declining.

Found this article interesting

I guess everyone got their post pandemic travel out of the way and/or discretionary income is declining.

Demand hasn't really dropped off, and most major carriers are profitable right now. Spirit has somehow mismanaged something dramatically.

Demand hasn't really dropped off, and most major carriers are profitable right now. Spirit has somehow mismanaged something dramatically.
I’ve worked with Spirit off and on over the years. They are an operational disaster. Their customer service platform and call center software are at least 5 years out of date

My friend and I did one flight on spirit from lax to Vegas and I don’t exactly remember the shitshow, but it was enough to avoid them like the plague ever since

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back