• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

Just booked a round trip flight with plenty of open seats to Cali. I get to the end to complete my purchase and I'm told the flight is sold out...

I don't prefer GSO if I have a layover. It's worth it to drive to Raleigh or Charlotte and fly direct on Southwest or American. I'd rather be in my car on I40 or I77 for an hour, than sitting in an airport for 45 minutes, a tiny plane for 35-45 minutes to get up to GSO, And still have a 30 minute drive.

People that live in Winston, do you drive to Charlotte for a direct flight, or fly out of Greensboro. I’m still torn on which is best, usually I️ fly out of Charlotte though.

Raleigh or Charlotte if I can get a direct flight there and I can't out of GSO. I usually find GSO to be more expensive too.

The big 3 NYC area airports suck

JFK is fine as long as you have tsa precheck - it's problem is that it's a $70 uber from Manhattan and the traffic is a nightmare.

The last time I was at Newark, the tsa line was 45+ minutes, the regular security line was so long they had people waiting on another floor - it's slooooooooooow.

looks like you’re picking a different flight

Or the exact same flight at a higher price. Guess who found a rate increase as it was going through.

For the CLT / GSO debate, I'm flying CLT in this instance to have 1 connection instead of 2. Even when you fly a hub, if you're going to a smaller airport on the other side of the country, you're connecting.

People that live in Winston, do you drive to Charlotte for a direct flight, or fly out of Greensboro. I’m still torn on which is best, usually I️ fly out of Charlotte though.

Greensboro nine times out of ten

My flight on the corporate jet today was pretty good. Got to the airport at 4:00 for a 4:01 departure. Good stuff.

My flight on the corporate jet today was pretty good. Got to the airport at 4:00 for a 4:01 departure. Good stuff.

$ick. My dad and grandfather are pilots, driving up to an airplane hanger and just dipping out is boss AF.

If you don’t know how to do Newark you are nyc noob. Newark is best way in out of nyc if you can’t do private in out of Teeterboro like I have done

$ick. My dad and grandfather are pilots, driving up to an airplane hanger and just dipping out is boss AF.

That’s my favorite part of getting to ride on the jets (which I don’t get to all of the time), even more than the comforts of the jets themselves. The private hanger with no other people, no check-in, no luggage hassle and no security is amazing.

I interned for a company in my hometown when in college and got to ride the jet a few times with the CEO. We were able to fly back from San Diego to Florida in like 2.5 hours. It was awesome.

I interned for a company in my hometown when in college and got to ride the jet a few times with the CEO. We were able to fly back from San Diego to Florida in like 2.5 hours. It was awesome.

Did the company have a Concorde?

It appears that's right at 2000 miles. What kind of military plane were you in to average 800 mph???

I mean that was over a decade ago so I’m not clear on how long it took but I just remember it was way the hell faster than a commercial flight woulda been.

Also I wanna say we flew higher than commercial jets —40,000? — so that probably affected it too.

Starting to think Barca is the one who signed that girl's yearbook.

Back