• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

Probably just felt quicker because you were on a private jet.

Maybe you're misremembering and it was a flight from Florida to San Diego instead. Frontier has a flight that leaves Orlando at 5:40 and arrives in San Diego at 8:00. Just over 2 hours!

Maybe you're misremembering and it was a flight from Florida to San Diego instead. Frontier has a flight that leaves Orlando at 5:40 and arrives in San Diego at 8:00. Just over 2 hours!

LOL

Only 25% longer than you said.

Fine, but with no nonstop commercial flights between the 2, it's pretty awesome to not have to go through DFW, IAH or ATL and to be able to avoid any of the hassles of checking in and shit.

Airplane gurus, what’s my plan of action?

United flight this morning was delayed 2 hours for a dead battery. Then we boarded and have now been sitting on the plane for 2+ hours.

Probably irrelevant but worth noting, it’s a 5 hour flight and they have no meals available for purchase. So that’s 7+ hours with no food.

Would have bought something from the airport but they also never gave a boarding notice, just told people ‘we’re boarding now so please line up.’

Airplane gurus, what’s my plan of action?

United flight this morning was delayed 2 hours for a dead battery. Then we boarded and have now been sitting on the plane for 2+ hours.

Probably irrelevant but worth noting, it’s a 5 hour flight and they have no meals available for purchase. So that’s 7+ hours with no food.

Would have bought something from the airport but they also never gave a boarding notice, just told people ‘we’re boarding now so please line up.’

Call the 800 line and ask to be put on another flight. Airline shouldn't matter at this point.

start tweeting about it
Did that before posting here. They apologized, gave an updated time, which again proved to be incorrect.

Finally took off about 15 minutes ago and now up in the air. Obviously nothing can be done for this current flight but what are my possible/expected compensation scenarios?

Did that before posting here. They apologized, gave an updated time, which again proved to be incorrect.

Finally took off about 15 minutes ago and now up in the air. Obviously nothing can be done for this current flight but what are my possible/expected compensation scenarios?

sounds like your tweet worked !

If you don't get loudly let your demands be known while still in flight, you're pretty much SOL.

This is the correct answer.

And no food even for purchase?
No meals.

They have snacks (bags of chips, crackers, etc.) but after talking to the attendant, they don't have confidence there's enough for everyone.

They said they'd hand out complimentary bars. They gave us those biscoff cookies.

Back