• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

Looks comparable to, or more expensive than, flying. Otherwise its pretty cool.
Depends on the size of your party. There's value to not having to get kids through an airport. Plus, two less days off work and two less hotel nights on each end of the trip. Even if the cost is exactly the same as a flight, it's a net time and cost savings.

Last edited:
And if it's an adult trip, having a party wagon to get you to FL could be fun as hell.

And if it's an adult trip, having a party wagon to get you to FL could be fun as hell.

Just for kicks I entered a W-S to Orlando for 2 adults and 2 kits with a 4 day layover. It doesn't seem too unreasonable.

First Class Cabin
Our premium cabin gives your entire family plenty of room to stretch out. This is travel the way it was meant to be.

Captains Chairs: 6
Sleeps: 5
Beds: 1 Queen; 1 Bunkbed; 1 Loftbed
WiFi Big Screen TV Mini-fridge Private Bathroom MOST POPULAR
Round trip
$1965
Total includes luggage and fees
Book your trip

Luxury Coach
Our luxury coach is an ideal choice for vacationing with friends and family. Experience effortless group travel. Features two private cabins for the ultimate in comfort and space.

Captains Chairs: 11
Sleeps: 7
Beds: 1 Queen; 2 Bunkbeds; 1 Loftbed
WiFi Big Screen TV Mini-fridge Private Bathroom
Round trip
$2942
Total includes luggage and fees
Book your trip

The hypochondriacs are winning. I'm 43 years old, and never met someone allergic to peanuts until I was in my mid 20's.

Not sure if serious, but it's definitely more common than it was.

My son and I believe Ph's son are allergic to peanuts.

When I was allergy tested, they said I was allergic to peanuts, but not enough that I couldn't eat them.

I still eat lots of peanuts though.

Yeah, I definitely know multiple people who have had peanut allergies so bad that they must have an epipen nearby at all times. Think I've only witnessed one reaction - was pretty freaky.

Those prices are more than what I recall. They were more in-line with normal flight costs when I researched a year or two ago. I do have more kids, so that works in my favor when comparing costs. Still works out as a net $$ positive when you factor in the two saved hotel nights. And definitely a net positive when you consider saved vacation days and ease of travelling with kids.

Growing up my sister never ate nuts. Me and my parents ate them all the time. The first time my sister ate a nut, it made her throat hurt so she never ate them again. Fast forward 30 years later, she gets tested for allergies and finds out she has a mild peanut allergy. Probably had it her whole life and she just didn’t know.

No one knows why peanut allergies are more common now. Could be how we process them. Could be environmental factors. But the key factor is we know to look for them.

We always flew Southwest because they had a very friendly policy for people with peanut allergies despite being known for serving them.

Other airlines are much less friendly although Delta changed their policy. Our first time flying Delta as a family was great.

Had the same on that Delta flight. Made the aisle seat more bearable.

Flew from Atlanta to San Diego yesterday with an empty middle seat beside me. Pure bliss.

The bond between aisle seat passenger and window seat passenger as they mutually wait to see if the middle seat will stay empty is the best of humanity.

Yeah, aisle seat is the best. Plus you're the boss of your row.

You can stretch your legs out in the aisle. It's very nice.

I can see why short people don't care.

Short people can stretch their legs in the aisle. Tall people who aren’t pencil thin get banged by the beverage cart.

Back