• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

is there a major US hub handling international flights that doesn't suck?

the only airport i've ever enjoyed using is Bangor International

is there a major US hub handling international flights that doesn't suck?

the only airport i've ever enjoyed using is Bangor International
I recently flew into Savannah for the first time. Quality airport. West Palm is also wonderful. Not major US hubs, but I prefer flying into smaller airports when I can. I live near BWI, so I'm Southwest everywhere.

I recently flew into Savannah for the first time. Quality airport. West Palm is also wonderful. Not major US hubs, but I prefer flying into smaller airports when I can. I live near BWI, so I'm Southwest everywhere.

yeah savannah is another good one. Portland, ME is another high-quality airport but not really international; same with Harrisburg, easy to get in and out of. just have to almost always connect through Philly

For international flights I don't mind connecting through Philly, Dallas or Houston. I'll even take Newark and JFK over Miami.

I’ve never had a problem in Detroit.

I also like Dallas, but probably because I can park in the Centurion lounge and not care about anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah savannah is another good one. Portland, ME is another high-quality airport but not really international; same with Harrisburg, easy to get in and out of. just have to almost always connect through Philly
PWM says "international jetport" right on the sign! But I make a joke about it every time we fly into there (which I'll be doing again in a couple of weeks).

the Pensacola Airport is surprisingly p good even as they've expanded like crazy. Way better than Destin or Panama City. I used to like growing up bc I could text my parents when I landed and by the time I was off the plane they could get from home to right out front.

it's also one of those airports that has recently rebranded as an "international" airport that will probably never have international commercial service.

My wife defs looks for airports with Centurion lounges when we're looking at flights.
we had a really long layover at JFK recently and went to the Centurion lounge, even though it was in the Delta terminal and we were flying American. The TSA agent looked at our tickets real funny and seemed like he was about to say something.

think we had 5-6 cocktails apiece...no telling how much that'd cost if just drinking at an airport bar.

we had a really long layover at JFK recently and went to the Centurion lounge, even though it was in the Delta terminal and we were flying American. The TSA agent looked at our tickets real funny and seemed like he was about to say something.

think we had 5-6 cocktails apiece...no telling how much that'd cost if just drinking at an airport bar.
Did you go to the little speakeasy in the JFK Centurion lounge? I thought that was pretty dope. The Denver Centurion lounge was a big step up from its pretty crappy SkyClub, but also in the “wrong” terminal for me.

Did you go to the little speakeasy in the JFK Centurion lounge? I thought that was pretty dope. The Denver Centurion lounge was a big step up from its pretty crappy SkyClub, but also in the “wrong” terminal for me.
my wife popped in, but we just wanted to spread out some after our long flight so got some big lounge thingies by the wall and just sat there drinking and watching stuff on our tablets

My family is flying to MCO on 12/19 and returning 12/23. It's good to see all these warnings!

Any advice to ease the suffering? I haven't flown there in decades.

My family is flying to MCO on 12/19 and returning 12/23. It's good to see all these warnings!

Any advice to ease the suffering? I haven't flown there in decades.
Get there SUPER early for your return flight. And drink heavily. Seriously though, I’ve seen signs there for a TSA program where you can schedule a time to go through security. No idea if it is of any help, but possibly worth looking into, especially if you don’t have Clear?

A really shitty 4 hour drive though. The middle of Florida is a complete cesspool wasteland. I have drive from St. Pete to Jupiter a few times. Those 2 and a half hours in the middle are brutal.
We had to do the St Pete to Jupiter trip a lot in the summers for travel baseball. Nothing like getting a maniacal rainstorm on that drive.

A really shitty 4 hour drive though. The middle of Florida is a complete cesspool wasteland. I have drive from St. Pete to Jupiter a few times. Those 2 and a half hours in the middle are brutal.

My wife grew up in the middle part of Florida so I’m very familiar.

I can. It was delivered to my house two days after my flight departed.

Back