• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

You don't think the Obama campaign vetted Reade's allegations in a satisfactory manner. OK, so what would be satisfactory?

Was the super-smart pod save america bro Jon Favreau in charge of the vetting?

hillcropped.jpg

I've SPECIFICALLY stated MULTIPLE times I am ONLY talking about THIS person.

In fact, I have said THIS person harms others by her actions.

I am ONLY talking believing or not THIS person.

Is that clear enough?

By the way, a real threat of death or disappearance (which sexual assault would have been likely) is about as serious "destruction of personhood" as you can get.

AGAIN, I'm only talking about READE, no one else.

sigh.

The hypocrisy by some Biden supporters on this thread vis-a-vis the allegations against Kavanaugh is really something to behold.

funny, you are condemning people for acting the same way you did during the Kavanaugh allegations...that makes sense, vis-a-vis hypocrisy.

The hypocrisy by some Biden supporters on this thread vis-a-vis the allegations against Kavanaugh is really something to behold.

This is something that the people on the right like to trot out but I don't really think it is accurate.

Blasey Ford: Phd and College Professor who works at Stanford. Was always consistent in her recollection of events even in indicating what she didn't remember. Took a polygraph test and testified under oath. No other big red flags in her life that would make one question her credibility.

Reade: Went from retweeting and praising Joe Biden in 2017 to claiming uncomfortable touching in 2019 to sexual assault in 2020, all during the time that she apparently transitioned from a Biden supporter to a Putin supporter to a hardcore Berner. Has multiple versions of events and seems to change them in response to new information being discovered. Has one really compelling corroborating witness, but apparently had to remind this witness that the leading presidential candidate that this witness supports (and still supports) was the person that Reade told her sexually assaulted her.

If Blasey Ford's story for instance had the history that Reade's story did during the last 3 years it would have never reached the critical mass that it did.

This is something that the people on the right like to trot out but I don't really think it is accurate.

Blasey Ford: Phd and College Professor who works at Stanford. Was always consistent in her recollection of events even in indicating what she didn't remember. Took a polygraph test and testified under oath. No other big red flags in her life that would make one question her credibility.

Reade: Went from retweeting and praising Joe Biden in 2017 to claiming uncomfortable touching in 2019 to sexual assault in 2020, all during the time that she apparently transitioned from a Biden supporter to a Putin supporter to a hardcore Berner. Has multiple versions of events and seems to change them in response to new information being discovered. Has one really compelling corroborating witness, but apparently had to remind this witness that the leading presidential candidate that this witness supports (and still supports) was the person that Reade told her sexually assaulted her.

If Blasey Ford's story for instance had the history that Reade's story did during the last 3 years it would have never reached the critical mass that it did.

Very telling that you started with this.

Elitist Dems gonna elite. We only believe the more educated victims. Uncle Joe can finger bang all the white trash he wants.

Your 21st century Democratic Party folks.

Reade's story definitely has some dubious aspects, but they're not out of line with the psychological patterns of sexual abuse victims

the problem is that Biden is against a full investigation by a trusted third party -- that raises a big red flag to me

Reade's story definitely has some dubious aspects, but they're not out of line with the psychological patterns of sexual abuse victims

the problem is that Biden is against a full investigation by a trusted third party -- that raises a big red flag to me

Keeping the archives at UofD sealed is also a big one for me. Not just because of the rape, but because he's trying to hide other past complaints/relationships.

Luckily for Biden Democrats are just as toothless as Republicans when is comes to caring about rape.

Very telling that you started with this.

Elitist Dems gonna elite. We only believe the more educated victims. Uncle Joe can finger bang all the white trash he wants.

If I honestly believed that Biden did this, I would have a hard time supporting him.

The location where she claimed this happened is a high traffic area that would be extremely reckless in regards to getting caught. The capital police department is right down there for instance. So Joe Biden in apparently the only time he ever engaged in sexual assault did so in a public area with a significant risk of getting caught.

Doesn't add up.

Keeping the archives at UofD sealed is also a big one for me. Not just because of the rape, but because he's trying to hide other past complaints/relationships.

Luckily for Biden Democrats are just as toothless as Republicans when is comes to caring about rape.

So you want to engage in a fishing expedition of his records?

But her emails

I like how Obama vetting Biden is supposed to clear him.

Malia Obama interned for Weinstein, for Christ's sake.

There's a rampant culture of sexual assault among positions of political, cultural, and economic power in America, especially for people of a certain generation. There's also a culture around protecting institutions of power. We've got so much evidence of this, I'm not sure why it's so hard for people to believe, apart from their own specific confirmation biases.

Don't kid yourself... this was going on well before the 21st century.

I'm old enough to remember when Hillary Clinton referred to one of (the many) women who accused Bill Clinton of sexual assault as "trailer trash".

#MeTooUnlessBlue

Last edited:
Why are his senate records sealed in the first place?

These are his personal papers. No presidential candidate wants his personal papers released to the public. Bernie Sanders sure wouldn't either.

These are his personal papers. No presidential candidate wants his personal papers released to the public. Bernie Sanders sure wouldn't either.

Why? Seems shady. And something that Trump will use to justify him not releasing any records.

I've SPECIFICALLY stated MULTIPLE times I am ONLY talking about THIS person.

In fact, I have said THIS person harms others by her actions.

I am ONLY talking believing or not THIS person.

Is that clear enough?

By the way, a real threat of death or disappearance (which sexual assault would have been likely) is about as serious "destruction of personhood" as you can get.

AGAIN, I'm only talking about READE, no one else.

Singling her out, and holding her to a standard of behavior that goes against rape and sexual assault victim psychology, makes it seem like it’s about politics for you and not about sexual violence. Again, I’m am not saying you have to believe her, I am saying that these reasons for dismissing her claims don’t fit with accepted psychology of sexual violence trauma.

I thought the records for any complaints would be kept at the national archives. Is that not correct?

In real life when you accuse somebody of anything how you act and the consistency of your story is all going to speak to your credibility. The way you guys have framed it basically it gives sexual assault victims a special disposition where they can pretty much say anything or do anything and still are to be believed with no qualifications whatsoever. That's a very convenient conclusion for people who want to weaponize these allegations for political purposes

I’ve not suggest she has to be believed regardless, I am saying that dismissing her claims because it took her decades to report the incident and because her story has been inconsistent is not valid given what we know about the psychology of sexual violence victims.

This right here folks. This is the correct summation.

Back