• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

Some of these posts are truly vile.

What am I supposed to agree with here, Ph?

So who would y'all suggest be this "trusted" 3rd party investigator. They aren't going to have subpoena power or any real power to compel anyone to speak, so their investigative ability would be limited.

Singling her out, and holding her to a standard of behavior that goes against rape and sexual assault victim psychology, makes it seem like it’s about politics for you and not about sexual violence. Again, I’m am not saying you have to believe her, I am saying that these reasons for dismissing her claims don’t fit with accepted psychology of sexual violence trauma.

I'm telling you it has nothing to do with politics. How many times do I have to say her actions harm other victims before it gets through?

I am also not dismissing them because of the age of the complaint.

Don't kid yourself... this was going on well before the 21st century.

I'm old enough to remember when Hillary Clinton referred to one of (the many) women who accused Bill Clinton of sexual assault as "trailer trash".

#MeTooUnlessBlue

Col anus is really invested in discrediting the entire me too movement and women accusing men in power in general. He sure does love a coed in a sombrero though. Makes you wonder.

Don't kid yourself... this was going on well before the 21st century.

I'm old enough to remember when Hillary Clinton referred to one of (the many) women who accused Bill Clinton of sexual assault as "trailer trash".

#MeTooUnlessBlue

“Yeah, I’m gonna go after her,” he said sarcastically at a rally in Greensboro, North Carolina. “Believe me, she would not be my first choice. That I can tell you. You don’t know. That would not be my first choice.”

-Trump RE: on one of the 25 sexual assaults against him

So who would y'all suggest be this "trusted" 3rd party investigator. They aren't going to have subpoena power or any real power to compel anyone to speak, so their investigative ability would be limited.

Bernie's campaign manager or Trump's anyone who will rule their predetermined way.

Biden is just such a bad candidate. Anyone with half of brain could have seen this coming. He's notoriously handsy/creepy. It has been a running joke for decades.

Why did you moderate Dems settle on him? Y'all are going to fuck this up again.

Col anus is really invested in discrediting the entire me too movement and women accusing men in power in general. He sure does love a coed in a sombrero though. Makes you wonder.

TBF, so is that tarhole who keeps posting on this board. He said as much a few posts above.

As for ChrisL, I don’t know all of the shadowy intelligence groups that exist, but they’re frequently tapped to do opposition research and background checks. Let one of them do it. Honestly, I think there’s this weird thing happening where some of us want the facts to come out; some of us think they have come out (they havent, as per CNN), and some of us just want to undercut #metoo (aka Angus, Junebug and Jamison).

Biden is just such a bad candidate. Anyone with half of brain could have seen this coming. He's notoriously handsy/creepy. It has been a running joke for decades.

Why did you moderate Dems settle on him? Y'all are going to fuck this up again.

Because Bernie wouldn't move the fuck out of the way for Elizabeth Warren.

The two oldest candidates in this primary fucked us the way HATCH FUCKED MAYA SMART!

use roughly the same criteria as an inspector general

people agree on a third-parties all the time: mediators, arbitrators, etc.

and yeah, it's gonna require some additional transparency from Biden -- his fear of transparency is the big concern

The two oldest candidates in this primary fucked us the way HATCH FUCKED MAYA SMART!

oh yeah, the first woman of color at Harvard Law, the 70 year old candidate that came in 3rd place in her own fucking home state.

To pretend that the corporate wing of the party was going to rally around Warren is fairly disingenuous. The Jamie Dimons of the world (who do control the modern Dem Party) were never going to let her or Bernie be the nominee.

oh yeah, the first woman of color at Harvard Law, the 70 year old candidate that came in 3rd place in her own fucking home state.

If you want to argue that Bernie Sanders is a better candidate that Elizabeth Warren, you are welcome to do so You'd be wrong of course, but have at it.

As for ChrisL, I don’t know all of the shadowy intelligence groups that exist, but they’re frequently tapped to do opposition research and background checks. Let one of them do it. Honestly, I think there’s this weird thing happening where some of us want the facts to come out; some of us think they have come out (they havent, as per CNN), and some of us just want to undercut #metoo (aka Angus, Junebug and Jamison).

Knowing the nature of politics, I am sure these groups are doing exactly that right now.

To pretend that the corporate wing of the party was going to rally around Warren is fairly disingenuous. The Jamie Dimons of the world (who do control the modern Dem Party) were never going to let her or Bernie be the nominee.

The corporate wing wouldn't have had shit to say about it. The corporate wing wanted Clinton in 2008, but Obama beat her. If Sanders had never run, Warren would have mopped the floor with Biden.

Versus Bernie whose campaign discriminated against women and people of color in pay and opportunity.

Versus Bernie voting many times for the NRA, including making gun companies the only US businesses not culpable for product liability.

Versus Bernie waiting so long to endorse Hillary that some took it as a reason to vote third party or stay home.

Keep talking yourself into Trump winning again. That'll show us all!!!!

I'm telling you it has nothing to do with politics. How many times do I have to say her actions harm other victims before it gets through?

I am also not dismissing them because of the age of the complaint.

Doesn’t matter how many times you say an incorrect thing...it is still incorrect. Your reaction to her allegations is what would be scaring other victims not her making the accusations.

Back