• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

If you want to argue that Bernie Sanders is a better candidate that Elizabeth Warren, you are welcome to do so You'd be wrong of course, but have at it.

The Massachusetts Democratic Primary already made that argument for me.

The corporate wing wouldn't have had shit to say about it. The corporate wing wanted Clinton in 2008, but Obama beat her. If Sanders had never run, Warren would have mopped the floor with Biden.

Elizabeth Warren is ten times the progressive Barack Obama ever was

No chance she would have won the nomination once all the big money starting coalescing around Biden.

Big Finance bought Obama in the run up to 2008 and they've maintained their grip on the Democratic Party ever since.

To pretend that the corporate wing of the party was going to rally around Warren is fairly disingenuous. The Jamie Dimons of the world (who do control the modern Dem Party) were never going to let her or Bernie be the nominee.

Sanders lost because he could never generate any support among black voters. Embracing conspiracy theories against the establishment that endeared him to his hardcore support base did nothing to expand his coalition.

Elizabeth Warren is ten times the progressive Barack Obama ever was

No chance she would have won the nomination once all the big money starting coalescing around Biden.

Big Finance bought Obama in the run up to 2008 and they've maintained their grip on the Democratic Party ever since.
Lol biden had no ground game and no advertising spend leading up to Super Tuesday and mopped the floor with Sanders.

ChrisL you act like I'm butt hurt about Bernie, I'm really not. I supported Warren just as much as Bernie. I just voted for Bernie because he seems to have a better chance to win the primary and the general. I would take Warren in heartbeat if something were to happen to Joe.

Hell I'd take Pete, too. Yang as well. Amy too, although something about her never seemed right. All before Joe. Biden is a bad candidate, even if he's a decent person. It is why all the money came in late for him. He has so many flaws and I'm not even addressing his economic ideology, which I obviously don't agree with.

Joe will find 2 or 3 other ways to fuck this up before November. And if there is ever a debate versus Trump? It is going to be a blood bath.

Versus Bernie whose campaign discriminated against women and people of color in pay and opportunity.

Versus Bernie voting many times for the NRA, including making gun companies the only US businesses not culpable for product liability.

Versus Bernie waiting so long to endorse Hillary that some took it as a reason to vote third party or stay home.

Keep talking yourself into Trump winning again. That'll show us all!!!!

lol vs warren who was an actual republican for 40 years what are we doing here

lol vs warren who was an actual republican for 40 years what are we doing here

Always interesting to see people argue that Warren was not a "true progressive." I thought MHB was the only person shitty enough to make the argument on here, but I guess not.

ChrisL you act like I'm butt hurt about Bernie, I'm really not. I supported Warren just as much as Bernie. I just voted for Bernie because he seems to have a better chance to win the primary and the general. I would take Warren in heartbeat if something were to happen to Joe.

Hell I'd take Pete, too. Yang as well. Amy too, although something about her never seemed right. All before Joe. Biden is a bad candidate, even if he's a decent person. It is why all the money came in late for him. He has so many flaws and I'm not even addressing his economic ideology, which I obviously don't agree with.

Joe will find 2 or 3 other ways to fuck this up before November. And if there is ever a debate versus Trump? It is going to be a blood bath.

It’s telling about your motivation that this guy you think is a rapist is a “bad candidate” but still a “decent person.” If you earnestly believed Biden sexually assaulted Reade and this wasn’t about Bernie, you couldn’t call Biden a decent person.

To be fair, the smartest and most decent Republicans are all former Republicans.

The primary is over and the electability argument was already decided by voters, Biden>Sanders>Warren. All three were on the ballot in every state. Warren couldn't compete with either Sanders or Biden

Always interesting to see people argue that Warren was not a "true progressive." I thought MHB was the only person shitty enough to make the argument on here, but I guess not.

I think she was a decent to good progressive.

I was making the argument that past behavior is not an argument rj should be making in favor of non-Bernie candidates.

That's great and all, but none of us get to substitute our personal views for the views of the majority of the Democratic voting base.

"I have a plan for that" might appeal to you, but apparently for alot of the voters it comes off as policy wonkish.

And how many times are we going to have to see debates serve as confirmation bias to conclude that Donald Trump, who is a horrible debater, isn't going to "wipe the floor" with Joe Biden.

And I’m going to be so pissed if you all turn this University of Delaware archives into the next Hillary’s emails.

It’s telling about your motivation that this guy you think is a rapist is a “bad candidate” but still a “decent person.” If you earnestly believed Biden sexually assaulted Reade and this wasn’t about Bernie, you couldn’t call Biden a decent person.

I honestly don't know if he raped her or not. That why I said "even if". I just think the handling of it has been amateur hour so far from a PR perspective, and the dismissive response from neo-Libs has been very problematic.

Read a little closer before you throw your gotcha takes at me Professor Dumb Dumb

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: debacle 69% of the time, every time

And I’m going to be so pissed if you all turn this University of Delaware archives into the next Hillary’s emails.

I think you’re giving five people on a message board a bit too much credit as zeitgeist influencers.

That’s like me saying “and I going to be so pissed if you all undermine the credibility of the #metoo movement for raw political gamesmanship.”

It didn't help when the brain diseased Democratic nominee slobbered all over himself on live TV when asked about it last Friday.

It was bad. He made it a fucking issue.

Back