• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

lol, well now Kory knows how a small group of women would discuss it, thanks to Ph. šŸ˜ššŸ‘Œ ph out ph'ing himself.

So Kory tries the tried-and-true progressive defense argument if you're a man you can't have a valid opinion on this subject.
Ph indicates that the feminist groups he is in are discussing in much the same manner.
M Deacs pile on.

lol.

Last edited:
The discussion here is actually pretty similar to the discussion in the feminist groups Iā€™m in.

The tiebreaker for me about these allegations is that much of 2019 Republicans were doing everything possible to smear Biden and his family.

They didnā€™t bring up Reade.

From 2008-16, Republicans have latched onto any way out there conspiracy to take down the Obama administration.

From 1991-98, Republicans were laser focused on Bill Clintonā€™s affairs and sexual assault allegations. The GOP branded themselves as the values party and Democrats as heathens.

And they didnā€™t touch the Reade allegations.

This isnā€™t a Kavanaugh situation where nobody but the legal community knew about someone and an accuser came forward as soon as he got into the public eye.

Joe Biden has been in the public eye before and since these allegations were first made in 1993. He was the VP of the United States. These allegations didnā€™t meet the very low bar for the conservative ecosystem to hype them up to take down Biden and it doesnā€™t seem the allegations stand up to the investigations we are seeing now.

Hey look, now he is a pheminist. Our amphibious poster.

The discussion here is actually pretty similar to the discussion in the feminist groups Iā€™m in.

The tiebreaker for me about these allegations is that much of 2019 Republicans were doing everything possible to smear Biden and his family.

From 2008-16, Republicans have latched onto any way out there conspiracy to take down the Obama administration.

From 1991-98, Republicans were laser focused on Bill Clintonā€™s affairs and sexual assault allegations. The GOP branded themselves as the values party and Democrats as heathens.

And they didnā€™t touch the Reade allegations.

This isnā€™t a Kavanaugh situation where nobody but the legal community knew about someone and an accuser came forward as soon as he got into the public eye.

Joe Biden has been in the public eye before and since these allegations were first made in 1993. He was the VP of the United States. These allegations didnā€™t meet the very low bar for the conservative ecosystem to hype them up to take down Biden and it doesnā€™t seem the allegations stand up to the investigations we are seeing now.

Conservatives knew about Reade before last year? In any case, that argument omits the fact that Trump is clearly the worst rapist. The most they can hope for is the "medie hypocrisy" card that they are playing now.

Anyway, even if it's 100% proven that Reade is lying, it's very telling that certain people can only rationalize other's believing her as "angry Bernie supporters". That will do more damage to the metoo movement than her lying.

So Corey tries the tried-and-true progressiv defense argument if you're a man you can't have a valid opinion on this argument 11q1

That is exactly the opposite of what he's saying. You have had the space on here to say whatever you want whenever you want. He's just pointing out that it's only men having these conversations on here and he'd be interested to see what women are saying. And then Ph mansplained the feminist female perspective.

Conservatives knew about Reade before last year? In any case, that argument omits the fact that Trump is clearly the worst rapist. The most they can hope for is the "medie hypocrisy" card that they are playing now.

Anyway, even if it's 100% proven that Reade is lying, it's very telling that certain people can only rationalize other's believing her as "angry Bernie supporters". That will do more damage to the metoo movement than her lying.

She changed her story so often. She hurt the #metoo movement a great deal.

i love how this thread is just six or seven dudes circling around one another, generally being unwilling to just deal with the contingency of sexual violence cases, assuming "objectivity," and descending into name calling as they go.

i wonder if there's some place on the internet where six or seven women are discussing the case, and if so, what that discourse looks like.

That is exactly the opposite of what he's saying. You have had the space on here to say whatever you want whenever you want. He's just pointing out that it's only men having these conversations on here and he'd be interested to see what women are saying. And then Ph mansplained the feminist female perspective.

uh huh

Mansplaining is the opposite of ā€œhere is what women are saying on this topic.ā€

Itā€™s lazy to assume all women agree with the same perspective. Itā€™s offensive to dismiss women who donā€™t agree with you.

Mansplaining is the opposite of ā€œhere is what women are saying on this topic.ā€

Itā€™s lazy to assume all women agree with the same perspective. Itā€™s offensive to dismiss women who donā€™t agree with you.

Did you post the conversation verbatim without their consent? I didn't realize that's what you did.

Most women I know and have talked about this with agree with you and Chris, fwiw.

What would it ā€œ100% proofā€ that Reade is lying look like?

Even if Reade came out and said she lied, plenty of people who say she was coerced or pressured.

I don't read this as mansplaining. Kory asked what kind of conversations women were having. Ph said his experience is they are the same.

He then goes on to explain his current thinking on the allegation.

For instance, pointing out that trauma victims don't always tell all of the information of their trauma immediately is a legitimate point.

Trying to use that to rationalize Tara Reade's ever changing story and paper thin cloaking of a clear political agenda that she had in this instance was ridiculous and it demeans that issue when it actually exists.

So Kory tries the tried-and-true progressive defense argument if you're a man you can't have a valid opinion on this subject.
Ph indicates that the feminist groups he is in are discussing in much the same manner.
M Deacs pile on.

lol.

I didn't say you couldn't have a valid opinion. I pointed out that the conversation is just a bunch of dudes who are trying to arrive at some truth and falling short overall. Then I speculated this might be a more productive conversation if it wasn't just dudes.

What a strange read/ thing to disagree with.

lol Ph wasn't mansplaining. He didn't even post any discourse from or describe these feminist groups he's in.

I didn't say you couldn't have a valid opinion. I pointed out that the conversation is just a bunch of dudes who are trying to arrive at some truth and falling short overall. Then I speculated this might be a more productive conversation if it wasn't just dudes.

What a strange read/ thing to disagree with.
I mean everything is subjective but if I misinterpreted what you said I apologize.

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: debacle 69% of the time, every time

lol Ph wasn't mansplaining. He didn't even post any discourse from or describe these feminist groups he's in.

I gave a quick answer about what Iā€™ve seen. I didnā€™t realize there would be so much push back especially from people I assumed were in similar groups witnessing the same type of conversations online.

You all have given me shit for posting Facebook screenshots in the past. If you want to me to post a bunch of screenshots from different groups, just say so. Give me some time and Iā€™ll do it tonight.

Either way, itā€™s a real stretch to call that mansplaining unless Kory is a woman. If so, sorry I missed that.

Back