• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

I read it was a butcher knife. Does that mean it was a knife commonly used in a kitchen?

Weirdly, he did tweet that. It was at 4:35 this afternoon.

His feed is scary for lots of reasons https://twitter.com/tariqnasheed

Tell me why people like sailor complain about PC again? It's apparently cool to post stuff like this on Twitter.

GRSjQlo.jpg

Does it surprise you that a prominent black activist with over 100,000 twitter followers, who regularly says outrageous things, attracts hateful comments from racist trolls? Those sorts of people regularly target even black people who aren't controversial with hate and ignorance. What's the point of you posting that? To tell us there are racist trolls? Everyone knows those kind of people exist.

Does it surprise you that a prominent black activist with over 100,000 twitter followers, who regularly says outrageous things, attracts hateful comments from racist trolls? Those sorts of people regularly target even black people who aren't controversial with hate and ignorance. What's the point of you posting that? To tell us there are racist trolls? Everyone knows those kind of people exist.

So anybody who disagrees with a black person is a racist?

I don't think that everyone acknowledges that it's a real and not insignificant problem

just reminding everyone that a black guy complaining about systemic racism somehow deserves an entire thread of histrionics but 100k+ crazy racist assholes is NBD

Tell me why people like sailor complain about PC again? It's apparently cool to post stuff like this on Twitter.

You think it's only political correctness that keeps people from saying racist things?

You think it's only political correctness that keeps people from saying racist things?

I think PC (not that anyone has a real definition for that anymore) provides consequences for saying some bigoted things, and I think a lot of people have a bigger problem with the consequences than the words being said.

I think for a short period of American history, racism has been (maybe even was) frowned upon and that discouraged people from saying such things.

I do think that complaints about PC ring hollow when this type of public discourse is accepted and apparently NBD to many.

Explain to me what you think you can't say because of PC.

I think for a short period of American history, racism has been (maybe even was) frowned upon and that discouraged people from saying such things.

I do think that complaints about PC ring hollow when this type of public discourse is accepted and apparently NBD to many.

Can somebody please respond to this?

I keep hearing "PC PC PC PC PC", but what the hell are people not saying that they want to say? I hear tons of dumb stuff everyday from people, they just preface it with "I'm not racist but...", or something else to blunt the force of their statement.

Happy Holidays?

bkf recently thought he'd be called racist for asking if interracial couples include white man/black woman couples which is a dumb but completely innocuous question. It's possible people who complain about PC have no clue what they "can't" say.

Back