• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

I called Hillary a "bitch" and Barca took issue with it and implied I'm sexist. He also implied I was racist/hate immigrants because of my stance on immigration. I don't. And I fault no one for wanting a better life. Political Correctness is often used to try and shut down discussion and limit what is acceptable to ponder- that might be the most insidious aspect of it.

I mean there's no reason to use the word bitch though. You could just as easily say that you shut down the discussion by being unnecessarily offensive. Some of us don't want to try to have logic-based discussions with others who prize ad hominem over reason.

I mean there's no reason to use the word bitch though. You could just as easily say that you shut down the discussion by being unnecessarily offensive. Some of us don't want to try to have logic-based discussions with others who prize ad hominem over reason.

She's a bitch. If you can't handle that frank assessment, oh well. I'm not gonna coddle you like you're a child.

why do you need this?

That's the point. You don't need either of them. Just because you think Hillary meets the qualifications for being a bitch (whatever those are), doesn't mean you should be calling her one. Just like you shouldn't use the n-word to describe Obama even though he is in fact black. It's not just a "frank assessment."

That's the point. You don't need either of them. Just because you think Hillary meets the qualifications for being a bitch (whatever those are), doesn't mean you should be calling her one. Just like you shouldn't use the n-word to describe Obama even though he is in fact black. It's not just a "frank assessment."

Calling her a bitch is kind compared to the hateful things you and your fellow Clinton voters have said about DJT.

Why not have a prohibition on dickhead, dick, butthole, prick, cock, shithead, idiot, moron, etc. Someone somewhere finds those words equally offensive. And the mean shit (there's another word that might hurt someone's feelings) you people say about Trump is far worse than me calling Hillary a bitch.

why do you need this?

Agree. I suspect it's almost universally accepted on the board that that word is out of bounds on here. Not all words are equivalent in the offense they're likely to cause, unless you're someone constantly looking to be offended (like the pc crowd). The words dumb and idiot are often seen as being offensive- you want a ban on those too MM?

Why not have a prohibition on dickhead, dick, butthole, prick, cock, shithead, idiot, moron, etc. Someone somewhere finds those words equally offensive. And the mean shit (there's another word that might hurt someone's feelings) you people say about Trump is far worse than me calling Hillary a bitch.

There's a difference between general words like shit, asshole, etc. and ones that are based in stereotypes about specific groups. When you start using terms that refer to one group, especially a group that has been historically oppressed, as insults, that's where you cross the line.

Agree. I suspect it's almost universally accepted on the board that that word is out of bounds on here. Not all words are equivalent in the offense they're likely to cause, unless you're someone constantly looking to be offended (like the pc crowd). The words dumb and idiot are often seen as being offensive- you want a ban on those too MM?

So what words besides the n-word are out of bounds for you? Any?

Link?

You'll be searching for awhile because it's not true.

It's not true that you and your comrades haven't called Trump a stooge of Putin, dumb, racist, anti-Semitic, a Nazi, white nationalist, an idiot, etc? Guess I must've been on another board all these months.

It's not true that you and your comrades haven't called Trump a stooge of Putin, dumb, racist, anti-Semitic, a Nazi, white nationalist, an idiot, etc? Guess I must've been on another board all these months.

1. I don't think I've called Trumps any of those things.

2. Those are wayyyyyy different than calling someone a bitch or an n-word. We don't call people bitches because it's offensive to women. Same reason we don't call people fags, it's offensive to gay people. Nobody cares about being offensive to Nazis, or Putin, or racists, or anti-Semites, etc.

Nobody except people who sympathize with them. They want you to respect them.

Why are you whining about PC? Wgaf what people call Trump. Trump and his supporters reject political correctness, right?

Why are you whining about PC? Wgaf what people call Trump. Trump and his supporters reject political correctness, right?

By all means you can call Trump those things. I said those things are far worse than being a bitch though.

Back