• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

1. I don't think I've called Trumps any of those things.

2. Those are wayyyyyy different than calling someone a bitch or an n-word. We don't call people bitches because it's offensive to women. Same reason we don't call people fags, it's offensive to gay people. Nobody cares about being offensive to Nazis, or Putin, or racists, or anti-Semites, etc.

I didn't say you should be worried about offending Nazis, I said what you people have done, making people think someone who is not anti-Semitic is, is far worse, not to mention dangerous, than calling someone who is a bitch a bitch. I pointed out that words like "dumb" and "idiot" are seen as ableist by your pc comrades. Do you also support a ban on the use of these words?

I didn't say you should be worried about offending Nazis, I said what you people have done, making people think someone who is not anti-Semitic is, is far worse, not to mention dangerous, than calling someone who is a bitch a bitch. I pointed out that words like "dumb" and "idiot" are seen as ableist by your pc comrades. Do you also support a ban on the use of these words?

Again, bitch isn't offensive because of who you're saying it to. It's offensive because of what it says about your views about women in general

Again, bitch isn't offensive because of who you're saying it to. It's offensive because of what it says about your views about women in general

So now you're calling me sexist and my use of the word "bitch" to describe Hillary is your proof? Okay. And anyone who uses the word "dumb" is an ableist who hates the handicapped. I'm used to the open minded and tolerant Hillary supporters thinking anyone who opposed her is a sexist, racist, idiot so no biggie.

So now you're calling me sexist and my use of the word "bitch" to describe Hillary is your proof? Okay. And anyone who uses the word "dumb" is an ableist who hates the handicapped. I'm used to the open minded and tolerant Hillary supporters thinking anyone who opposed her is a sexist, racist, idiot so no biggie.

There's a difference between bitch and dumb. If you can't see it, I don't know what to say.

BSF, "bitch" is a dehumanizing word for a woman. A human woman cannot literally be a bitch. A human can certainly be anti-Semitic.

There's a difference between bitch and dumb. If you can't see it, I don't know what to say.

Not according to many of your pc comrades. And there's a difference between "bitch" and the n word. If you don't see it, well, you don't see it.

BSF, "bitch" is a dehumanizing word for a woman. A human woman cannot literally be a bitch. A human can certainly be anti-Semitic.

A human cannot literally "run like the wind"- is that phrase "dehumanizing" as well? And common usage says a woman can be described as a bitch. Unless you're a complete idiot (sorry to use an ableist term), you understand I'm not saying Hillary is a female dog.

So why is calling Hillary a bitch different than calling me a nigger? Both are not PC.

Not according to many of your pc comrades. And there's a difference between "bitch" and the n word. If you don't see it, well, you don't see it.

I don't know who you're referring to as my comrades, but I'm not them. View me as an individual.

And yes, there is a difference between bitch and the n-word, but they're both on the wrong side of the line.

So why is calling Hillary a bitch different than calling me a nigger? Both are not PC.

Why do you and Mystery Men not have an issue with the use of the word "dumb". Look up the etymology of it. From a pc perspective it is indeed "ableist". Should we stricken it and words like "dumbwaiter" from our vocabulary? There's an ever growing list of words that the pc language police want to eliminate. We have to draw the line somewhere. For me, it's the n word. I personally choose to not use it. But I'm not saying we should eliminate it and I'm fine with students reading Mark Twain.

I don't know who you're referring to as my comrades, but I'm not them. View me as an individual.

And yes, there is a difference between bitch and the n-word, but they're both on the wrong side of the line.

Not to me.

Why aren't you offended when someone uses the word "dumb", given it's origins? I dislike the n word and choose not to use it. But I don't agree with the pc types who try to censor books like Huckleberry Finn.

Why aren't you offended when someone uses the word "dumb", given it's origins? I dislike the n word and choose not to use it. But I don't agree with the pc types who try to censor books like Huckleberry Finn.

Stop deflecting, nobody on here is trying to censor Huck Finn.

What other words are off limits to you in public discourse? Just the n-word?

Because he draws the line at a different point?

But why does he draw the line at a different point?

I'll ask the question sailor won't answer. BSF, in a world where you can say pretty much anything on Reddit and Twitter, what can't you say because of PC?

Stop deflecting, nobody on here is trying to censor Huck Finn.

What other words are off limits to you in public discourse? Just the n-word?

I didn't say they were, though I would not be surprised if some of you pc types would have a problem with it and possibly complain to the school/teacher. And I told you there are some other words I feel are inappropriate and personally choose not to use.

BSF, in a world where you can say pretty much anything on Reddit and Twitter, what can't you say because of PC?

But why does he draw the line at a different point?

I'll ask the question sailor won't answer. BSF, in a world where you can say pretty much anything on Reddit and Twitter, what can't you say because of PC?

Reddit and Twitter have been banning conservatives pretty regularly for awhile now. There's been a bit of controversy between the donald subreddit and the head of reddit about this. /r/news and /r/worldnews, two default subreddits with millions of subscribers, along with /r/Europe, often delete comments and articles critical of Islam and immigration. When the Orlando shooting happened people had to turn to other subs to discuss it because the mods of /r/news kept deleting articles and comments. On reddit you're at the mercy of the mods and many of the mods are more interested in pushing their pc agenda than free speech. There's a thread about the corrosive effect of pc culture on universities. There are websites with no shortage of articles about this sort of thing. You can start here:
https://www.thefire.org/newsdesk/

As for me, I'm not as impacted as most because I'm not in the world of academia or business. But I do know some pc types where I have to self-censor when I'm around them, because they become completely irrational when it comes to certain issues.

Back