• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

The second amendment is antiquated, hopelessly outdated, far more a problem than anything beneficial.

It needs to be regulated far better or gotten rid of. The former seems more doable.

You going to go out and help knock on 100+million lawful gun owners' doors and lead the gun seizure? Have fun with that.

You going to go out and help knock on 100+million lawful gun owners' doors and lead the gun seizure? Have fun with that.

classic strawman thing that would never happen argument. guess we can pack it up, gents

classic strawman thing that would never happen argument. guess we can pack it up, gents

So no 2nd Amendment but you're going to leave 300-400 million guns out there in circulation? What's that supposed to accomplish?

I think it’s better to admit our faults and try to address them. Even if it’s not easy.

u-need-mor-gunz.jpg

In this hypothetical where laws were changed, in your opinion, what percentage of the 100+ million "lawful gun owners" would be willing to kill law enforcement officers at their homes to enforce these new laws?

you ban purchase of semi-automatic rifles in 2018. Then 50, 75, 100 years from now our grand kids and great grand kids can live in a peaceful society. It's not a quick fix, you can't put a band aid on the problem and get rid of all of them in a couple of decades, but over time, there will be fewer and fewer mass shootings until they are an absolute rarity. But you have to start the process at some point.

Last edited:
you ban purchase of assault rifles in 2018. Then 50, 75, 100 years from now our grand kids and great grand kids can live in a peaceful society. It's not a quick fix, you can't put a band aid on the problem and get rid of all of them in a couple of decades, but over time, there will be fewer and fewer mass shootings until they are an absolute rarity. But you have to start the process at some point.

TITCR. When we do finally get some meaningful action on gun violence, the shootings won't stop overnight, and please believe the NRA will politicize the ever loving shit out of the first shootings after new legislation, but you weather the storm, and eventually we will get better. Except then we will be arguing with the drone industry.

In this hypothetical where laws were changed, in your opinion, what percentage of the 100+ million "lawful gun owners" would be willing to kill law enforcement officers at their homes to enforce these new laws?

In some states, I would wager a pretty high number wouldn't peacefully comply. I'm not even sure that in many areas the law enforcement agencies would even take a stab at this.

We're told that it's impossible to deport 11-13 million illegal aliens but rounding up guns from 100 million is doable? Yeah okay. You might want to put down the crack pipe.

you ban purchase of assault rifles in 2018. Then 50, 75, 100 years from now our grand kids and great grand kids can live in a peaceful society. It's not a quick fix, you can't put a band aid on the problem and get rid of all of them in a couple of decades, but over time, there will be fewer and fewer mass shootings until they are an absolute rarity. But you have to start the process at some point.

Do you even have a clue what an assault rifle is? It's a select fire rifle where you can switch from semi-auto to auto. These aren't legal to possess now except under very limited circumstances. Or do you just want to ban the "scary" looking guns?

In some states, I would wager a pretty high number wouldn't peacefully comply. I'm not even sure that in many areas the law enforcement agencies would even take a stab at this.

We're told that it's impossible to deport 11-13 million illegal aliens but rounding up guns from 100 million is doable? Yeah okay. You might want to put down the crack pipe.

Just so we're clear, you're suggesting that these law-abiding gun owners would murder law enforcement officers for enforcing the law?

I've always found this argument interesting.

Then:
178149_orig.png

Now:
56020288-Creative-abstract-mobility-and-modern-internet-business-communication-technology-web-concept-3D-rend-Stock-Illustration.jpg

Want to "tweak" the 1st Amendment too?

Just so we're clear, you're suggesting that these law-abiding gun owners would murder law enforcement officers for enforcing the law?

I've always found this argument interesting.

I think most law enforcement agencies wouldn't participate in something this stupid.

And yes, if you've ever traveled in the rural parts of this country I think it would be pretty ugly.

Umm..no, who’s talking about restricting the first amendment? Strange false equivalence.

I think most law enforcement agencies wouldn't participate in something this stupid.

And yes, if you've ever traveled in the rural parts of this country I think it would be pretty ugly.

"wouldn't participate"? wouldn't that be their job? you're suggesting a bunch of cops can opt of out enforcing the law?

no it wouldnt. there are a few assholes but most people, you know, follow the law

Back