• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

I think most law enforcement agencies wouldn't participate in something this stupid.

And yes, if you've ever traveled in the rural parts of this country I think it would be pretty ugly.

So how exactly are they "law-abiding" gun owners if they would refuse to enforce or follow laws that they disagree with?

you ban purchase of assault rifles in 2018. Then 50, 75, 100 years from now our grand kids and great grand kids can live in a peaceful society. It's not a quick fix, you can't put a band aid on the problem and get rid of all of them in a couple of decades, but over time, there will be fewer and fewer mass shootings until they are an absolute rarity. But you have to start the process at some point.

yeah, this. stuff like seat belt laws and other safety measures need time to work into the culture

i don't think videogames and youtube vidoes make people shooters or desensitized to violence per se, but I do think it teaches people that guns are toys which is the problem

Do you even have a clue what an assault rifle is? It's a select fire rifle where you can switch from semi-auto to auto. These aren't legal to possess now except under very limited circumstances. Or do you just want to ban the "scary" looking guns?

Honest question for you, if the AR-15 just "looks scary", why do you suppose it seems to be the weapon of choice for mass murderers in America?

Do you even have a clue what an assault rifle is? It's a select fire rifle where you can switch from semi-auto to auto. These aren't legal to possess now except under very limited circumstances. Or do you just want to ban the "scary" looking guns?

I do. Let me edit my post to appease you. Weird thing to get your panties in a wad about...

Honest question for you, if the AR-15 just "looks scary", why do you suppose it seems to be the weapon of choice for mass murderers in America?

Honestly, because it's the firearm that get all the press. It's just a semi-auto rifle. There are hundreds of rifles that perform the exact same way. One trigger pull, one round fired. That's all that semi-auto is.

the AR-15 has been around for over 50 years. There are dozens of identical models made by other manufacturers.

Honestly, because it's the firearm that get all the press. It's just a semi-auto rifle. There are hundreds of rifles that perform the exact same way. One trigger pull, one round fired. That's all that semi-auto is.

the AR-15 has been around for over 50 years. There are dozens of identical models made by other manufacturers.

Was Cruz's rifle modified in any way that you know of?

SCDeac clearly punched in "assault rifle" and copy/pasted the google-wiki definition

I actually own a number of semi-auto weapons and do know what I'm talking about. You obviously get your info from the "well-informed" msm.

sometimes it's useful for communication to create shortcuts to facilitate understanding.

I actually own a number of semi-auto weapons and do know what I'm talking about. You obviously get your info from the "well-informed" msm.

What do you use these guns for? What do you like about them?

actually i got that from punching in assault rifle in google and comparing your post and the google-wiki definition

Why? Why do you own a number of semi-auto weapons? What's the purpose?

Back