• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

EBZP0m5UwAApIVq.jpg

Blows my mind how any woman with an education past 7th grade could support him. (unless they're in the %1)

EBZP0m5UwAApIVq.jpg

Blows my mind how any woman with an education past 7th grade could support him. (unless they're in the %1)

It’s remarkable. Watching the boomer women in my family fall for his shit has been one of the sadder things I’ve experienced. Granted, I have like 40 cousins, all under 40 and not 1 supports him. It really does come down to a generational gap.

In 20-25 years the GOP has gone from a party advocating responsible gun ownership (supporting mandatory background checks and a bill that banned assault weapons) to far right extremists on the issue. Would love to see the increased donations from the NRA over that time period.

a ton of diversity in those photo ops, i saw only one non-white.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/07/opinions/second-amendment-solution-to-gun-violence-yang/index.html

This CNN Op-Ed is a cool idea, I'd never considered. Make military reserve service mandatory for people who want to buy a gun. Sounds crazy, and will never happen, but the more I read, the more I liked. 100% in line with the original idea of the 2nd amendment, extremely patriotic, ensures the military is properly staffed (support waning), provides gun training, allows ample opportunity for mental health assessments, etc, etc.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/07/opinions/second-amendment-solution-to-gun-violence-yang/index.html

This CNN Op-Ed is a cool idea, I'd never considered. Make military reserve service mandatory for people who want to buy a gun. Sounds crazy, and will never happen, but the more I read, the more I liked. 100% in line with the original idea of the 2nd amendment, extremely patriotic, ensures the military is properly staffed (support waning), provides gun training, allows ample opportunity for mental health assessments, etc, etc.

It would actually fit the wording of the Second Amendment perfectly ("a well-regulated militia"). It will never happen of course, for various reasons, but it would be funny to see all of those pot-bellied, out-of-shape gun nuts being told that to keep their AR-15 they've got to join one of the military branches. The whining alone on social media would be epic, and their failure rate in basic training would probably be eye-opening as well.

It would be great to see those military cosplayers in their Marines shirts and Army caps balk at actually signing up.

It’s a great idea and it would guarantee people would enlist after Dem policies to make college more affordable take hold.

Armed man driving 'Trump' truck detained outside El Paso migrant shelter

In a social media post, Casa Carmelita said the man "was sitting in his truck wearing blue latex gloves, and brandishing a knife." The shelter also said "police recovered a loaded gun, ammo, and a bag of white powder from his person."

Police on Thursday indicated that the man "was detained, interviewed and released after it was determined that no criminal offense had been committed."

Mass shooter or a real American denied his 2nd Amendment rights?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/08/us/walmart-armed-man-springfield-missouri/index.html

(CNN)An armed man in his twenties was arrested Thursday afternoon at a Missouri Walmart, Springfield police said.

Officers responded to a call of an active shooter at the Walmart Neighborhood Market, Police Lt. Mike Lucas said.
But no shots were fired and no one was injured, police said.
The man was detained by an armed off-duty fireman until officers arrived and took the suspect into custody, police said in a statement.
"At this time, the investigation is ongoing and we are working to determine his motives," the statement said.
Lucas said the recent spate of mass shootings in public places may have placed customers on heightened alert, leading them to call police reporting an active shooter.
"All we know is the fact that he walked in here heavily armed with body armor on, in military fatigues and caused a great amount of panic inside the store. So he certainly had the capability the potential to harm people," Lucas said.
"And then obviously what's happened in Texas and Dayton and all that kind of stuff in the last seven days -- that's on everybody's mind."

Back