• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Feel like you all are making a big mistake by endorsing this dumbass straw man argument about supporting or condemning riots and violence. No one is burning down a fucking CVS and looting a Target at the behest of a political endorsement, and riots are not some organized protest strategy to fight the government for which we can approve of. Riots are natural occurrences of an angry and desperate population, and all the *tsk *tsk’ing in the world from concerned citizens has ZERO EFFECT on the occurrence of rioting. ZE-RO.

You really want to stop riots from occurring? Fucking vote harder I guess? Same fucking thing you do when a pot is boiling over, you turn down the fucking heat. Change the conditions. You can’t look at a pot of boiling water and chastise it into cooling down. Change the conditions.

Last edited:
Feel like you all are making a big mistake by endorsing this dumbass straw man argument about supporting or condemning riots and violence. No one is burning down a fucking CVS and looting a Target at the behest of a political endorsement, and riots are not some organized protest strategy to fight the government for which we can approve of. Riots are natural occurrences of an angry and desperate population, and all the *tsk *tsk’ing in the world from concerned citizens has ZERO EFFECT on the occurrence of rioting. ZE-RO.

You really want to stop riots from occurring? Fucking vote harder I guess? Same fucking thing you do when a pot is boiling over, you turn down the fucking heat. Change the conditions. You can’t look at a pot of boiling water and chastise it into cooling down. Change the conditions.

Is that always the case? Wasn't Jan 6th a riot?

Is that always the case? Wasn't Jan 6th a riot?

You want to make that comparison, go ahead and find historical precedent for an astroturfed “coup” attempt on the capital building from a few thousand people that was privately and publicly strategized well in advance by congress members and publicly encouraged by the POTUS. I would say that’s a maaajor stretch of the “naturally occurring” concept.

But hey, maybe Nancy Pelosi and George Soros were sending out coded emails telling ANTIFA to firebomb shopping centers in poor black communities. Very sensible explanation.

Last edited:
You want to make that comparison, go ahead and find historical precedent for an astroturfed “coup” attempt on the capital building from a few thousand people that was privately and publicly strategized well in advance by congress members and publicly encouraged by the POTUS. I would say that’s a maaajor stretch of the “naturally occurring” concept.

But hey, maybe Nancy Pelosi and George Soros were sending out coded emails telling ANTIFA to firebomb shopping centers in poor black communities. Very sensible explanation.

How about riots after sporting events? There are many examples of those.

In general, I agree with you. Oppressed people don't have a ton of other options, and therefore a protest leading to anger and a riot occurring is an understandable consequence. However, as with almost everything, there is nuance, and some rioters/looters take advantage of the situation, some are really drunk and make bad decisions, some just want to watch the world burn, etc., and they are not all oppressed.

In general, I agree with you. Oppressed people don't have a ton of other options, and therefore a protest leading to anger and a riot occurring is an understandable consequence. However, as with almost everything, there is nuance, and some rioters/looters take advantage of the situation, some are really drunk and make bad decisions, some just want to watch the world burn, etc., and they are not all boing over with rage from oppression.

In general, I agree with you. Oppressed people don't have a ton of other options, and therefore a protest leading to anger and a riot occurring is an understandable consequence. However, as with almost everything, there is nuance, and some rioters/looters take advantage of the situation, some are really drunk and make bad decisions, some just want to watch the world burn, etc., and they are not all oppressed.

Saying that some looters and rioters “take advantage” is redundant, they are all literally creating chaos or taking advantage of chaos to act lawlessly. The point of recognizing that riots occur under oppressive circumstances *isn’t* to absolve rioters of accountability, it’s to recognize and discourage oppressive circumstances.

Last edited:
Don't confuse the good riots with the bad riots.

What the fuck does this mean? Are you trying to be funny, you failed. How does a “good riot” include killing police officers and trying to disrupt an American certification of a properly held election. You are a joke…this is America, innocent until proven guilty. You can’t bring baseless claims and say “it was done because it was a fraudulent election”. That is horseshit! Every claim was laughed out of court…if it was fraudulent, you have to prove it and stop the lip service.

Jan 6 makes all other riots look like a JV event. It was categorically the worst riot, period.

What the fuck does this mean? Are you trying to be funny, you failed. How does a “good riot” include killing police officers and trying to disrupt an American certification of a properly held election. You are a joke…this is America, innocent until proven guilty. You can’t bring baseless claims and say “it was done because it was a fraudulent election”. That is horseshit! Every claim was laughed out of court…if it was fraudulent, you have to prove it and stop the lip service.

Jan 6 makes all other riots look like a JV event. It was categorically the worst riot, period.

Have you read this thread at all?

This fucking clown was a defense witness for Rittenhouse. Prosecutor attempted to expose his Far Right leanings but the Judge struck him down.

He wasn't saying January 6th was the "good riot."

This fucking clown was a defense witness for Rittenhouse. Prosecutor attempted to expose his Far Right leanings but the Judge struck him down.

Am I going to end up on the no fly list if I google what the Walkaway movement is?

Am I going to end up on the no fly list if I google what the Walkaway movement is?

The Walk Away movement died shortly after its' founder was arrested for rioting at the Capitol on the 6th. This dickweed now works for Steve Bannon.

It was an astroturf election operation to convince Republicans that massive numbers of Black and Hispanic voters were leaving the Democratic Party for the GOP.

It was an astroturf election operation to convince Republicans that massive numbers of Black and Hispanic voters were leaving the Democratic Party for the GOP.

My wife was co-workers with a Black woman who is part of the walkaway “movement” - she often posts on Facebook about being “sponsored” to attend rallies and protests - flights/rental cars/hotel rooms all “sponsored” for her. She was in DC on Jan 6th.

The fact that she talks about the “sponsorships” so proudly makes it pretty clear she hasn’t put 2+2 together.

Or she's completely in on it and doesn't care to pretend otherwise.

I have a neighbor who regularly posted #walkaway stuff to counter any accusations of racism in the GOP.

My wife was co-workers with a Black woman who is part of the walkaway “movement” - she often posts on Facebook about being “sponsored” to attend rallies and protests - flights/rental cars/hotel rooms all “sponsored” for her. She was in DC on Jan 6th.

George Soros playing 12D chess on this one, i guess

Uhhh...what? Isn't this unequivocally true?

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/kyle-rittenhouse-trial-11-15-21/

Judge Bruce Schroeder just dismissed Count 6 of the indictment against Kyle Rittenhouse, a misdemeanor charge for possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18.

The charge was punishable by up to nine months in prison and a $10,000 fine.

Rittenhouse now faces five charges.

Some more context: The count that the judge just dismissed, which was listed as Count 6 in the indictment, was a misdemeanor stating that Rittenhouse was under 18 years old with a dangerous weapon.

Rittenhouse, now 18 years old, still faces five felony charges from the events of Aug. 25, 2020. If he is convicted of the most serious charge against him, he faces a mandatory sentence of life in prison. Rittenhouse has pleaded not guilty to all charges.

Back