• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Uhhh...what? Isn't this unequivocally true?

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/kyle-rittenhouse-trial-11-15-21/

Judge Bruce Schroeder just dismissed Count 6 of the indictment against Kyle Rittenhouse, a misdemeanor charge for possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18.

The charge was punishable by up to nine months in prison and a $10,000 fine.

Rittenhouse now faces five charges.

Some more context: The count that the judge just dismissed, which was listed as Count 6 in the indictment, was a misdemeanor stating that Rittenhouse was under 18 years old with a dangerous weapon.

Rittenhouse, now 18 years old, still faces five felony charges from the events of Aug. 25, 2020. If he is convicted of the most serious charge against him, he faces a mandatory sentence of life in prison. Rittenhouse has pleaded not guilty to all charges.

So, now it's a judicial failure too.

So basically the only charge that Rittenhouse was blatantly guilty of has been dismissed?? That bodes well for the prosecution.

Judge is allowing the Jury to consider provocation that negates the self defense claim.

My gut says he gets convicted on the killing of the unarmed victim, but not the other 2.

So, now it's a judicial failure too.

I don't understand this at all. What are the grounds for the dismissal? I can't think of anything other than the prosecutor forgot to put on evidence of a single element of that crime (age + gun, right?), but that's #inconceivable. Maybe the Judge is punishing the prosecution by taking away the fallback charges and either forcing them to prove their greater case or face a total acquittal? If so, why?

I don't understand this at all. What are the grounds for the dismissal? I can't think of anything other than the prosecutor forgot to put on evidence of a single element of that crime (age + gun, right?), but that's #inconceivable. Maybe the Judge is punishing the prosecution by taking away the fallback charges and either forcing them to prove their greater case or face a total acquittal? If so, why?

Not sure it's the latter, since the judge is considering allowing lesser charges to be considered. He even instructed Rittenhouse that if he allows the lesser charges to be considered it increases his likelihood of a conviction.

But the defense argued that Wisconsin law has an exception related to the length of a weapon’s barrel. Prosecutors argued that the defense was misreading the statute. The judge had twice sided with prosecutors earlier in declining to dismiss the charge, but he also said the law was confusingly written.

After prosecutors conceded Monday that Rittenhouse’s rifle was not short-barreled, the judge threw out the charge.

i can't understand dropping of the gun charges. that was a no-brainer

So they mischarged by specifying the wrong characteristics of the rifle?

It seems unbelievable, but that law regarding "dangerous weapons" possessed by a minor has a carve-out for guns. Specifically, long rifles are not part of this law, presumably to allow teenagers to hunt. The law is terribly written, and should specify the intent to hunt (active license, time of year, etc.), but it does not.

Kyle was hunting for libruls and that's always in season.

Jury reached a verdict in the Rittenhouse trial.

Not guilty on all counts.

May God not have mercy on their souls.

Last edited:
Jury reached a verdict in the Rittenhouse trial.

Not guilty on all counts.

May God not have mercy on their souls.

city's gonna burn to the ground, more Kyles are gonna shoot people and get off, rinse and repeat

The drone footage killed the prosecution. So fucking dumb.

I cant wait to inject myself into a Trump rally and piss them off so bad they come at me so I can straight up murder a bunch them.

Back