• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Sandy Hook could literally happen tomorrow again and Republicans still wouldn’t want to budge on anything. They’d just continue to scold about people wanting to politicize a tragedy.

Yep. The Fox News website is saying just that - Democrats are "rushing to capitalize" on the "tragic shooting" by demanding gun control measures and "cursing" and attacking Republicans. Another horrific shooting and death toll, but catering to gun nuts is more important than actually passing some commonsense legislation to reduce the chances of things like this from happening again. And so nothing is going to happen legislatively to prevent this, and so it will happen again in another school sometime in the future (likely near-future). Infuriating.

I’m going to go out on a radical limb here and say that setting policy based on some insecure guys plinking cans instead of going to therapy hasn’t been wise.

I'm not hip and young like my twin brother, but he says these guys are popular online.

But I thought this guy had good ideas...though I feel like he puts a little too much blame on Dems as a whole, giving them the same motives as Repubs.

They are DEFINITELY part of the problem, and politicians DO get into politics to fatten their wallets and power, but he doesn't put forth any ideas for WHAT the Dems specifically should do.

I love how much he rails into fucking gun loving nutjobs.

Yep. The Fox News website is saying just that - Democrats are "rushing to capitalize" on the "tragic shooting" by demanding gun control measures and "cursing" and attacking Republicans. Another horrific shooting and death toll, but catering to gun nuts is more important than actually passing some commonsense legislation to reduce the chances of things like this from happening again. And so nothing is going to happen legislatively to prevent this, and so it will happen again in another school sometime in the future (likely near-future). Infuriating.
A bill could go forward today that would magically prevent all school shootings without costing a dime or impacting gun regulations in any way and they’d all still vote against it.

Sandy Hook could literally happen tomorrow again and Republicans still wouldn’t want to budge on anything. They’d just continue to scold about people wanting to politicize a tragedy.

You don’t even have to use the hypothetical, Sandy Hook happened again yesterday. 19 elementary school children murdered at school with an AR-15.

You don’t even have to use the hypothetical, Sandy Hook happened again yesterday. 19 elementary school children murdered at school with an AR-15.

I know but what I’m saying is that hot on the heels of yesterday’s tragedy Sandy Hook could literally happen again today and even with both events Republicans would still be scolding.

@TheDemocraticParty

You have complete control of government you fucking cowards

This on the Democrats just as much as the GOP

Do something or do us all a favor and blow your fucking brains out. Our kids are far better than you.

I agree with Brasky. Fuck the Republicans, fuck the Democrats, and fuck anyone who supports either party. I don't know who is more stupid, the Republicans who think having an arsenal was somehow contemplated by the Constitution, or the Democrats who are conned into thinking the pussies they vote for are actually competent, and not in the pocket, enough to do anything about it.

Democratic Party leadership has a weird unshakable faith in the Republican Party to be reasonable, thoughtful people. The GOP strategy is to normalize fear and disarray so that we don't think anything can be done. Which is why we can't have faith in the American people to demand more of Republican politicians. Shitbag Republicans will keep voting for Republicans who don't want to do anything about gun violence.

This.

When nothing changed after Sandy Hook I lost all faith that anything will ever happen to address gun violence. Literally nothing has (if anything it's gotten worse since then). Thanks to senate rules you can't get anything passed in the senate without 60 votes. It's impossible to get that many votes to address gun violence.

Last edited:
I agree with Brasky. Fuck the Republicans, fuck the Democrats, and fuck anyone who supports either party. I don't know who is more stupid, the Republicans who think having an arsenal was somehow contemplated by the Constitution, or the Democrats who are conned into thinking the pussies they vote for are actually competent, and not in the pocket, enough to do anything about it.

Shut the fuck up. Democrats are not the problem regarding gun regulation. Republicans are. Despite your stupid fucking attempt to bos side this. Shut the fuck up.

Good horseshoe theory work here, guys. Two of the worst joining forces.

Democrats are well aware that Manchin and Sinema are effectively bought and paid for Republicans. Everyone is aware.

Good horseshoe theory work here, guys. Two of the worst joining forces.

Democrats are well aware that Manchin and Sinema are effectively bought and paid for Republicans. Everyone is aware.

Yes, and the centrist Dems fucking love it. They never have to vote for or deliver on anything they campaign for. And that sweet corporate cash keeps rolling in.

It is one giant grift.

If the reports of law enforcement engaging this kid outside the school are accurate, I'm not sure I can contain my rage.

It's my understanding that multiple officers engaged him, radioed for backup, and watched him go in the school. Meanwhile a teacher reportedly threw herself in front of bullets to save her students.

If the reports of law enforcement engaging this kid outside the school are accurate, I'm not sure I can contain my rage.

It's my understanding that multiple officers engaged him, radioed for backup, and watched him go in the school. Meanwhile a teacher reportedly threw herself in front of bullets to save her students.

Guess who has the better pension fund?

America Baby!

Honestly being a teacher at this point is borderline martyrdom, I will never recommend it to anyone again.

Last edited:
Apparently the Leo that killed the shooter was a lone border patrol officer that ran into the school without any backup.

I heard they fired on him, but he was wearing a ballistic vest and they couldn't stop him. After which, he ran into the school and barricaded himself into the classroom where he killed people. Is that not the case?

I heard they fired on him, but he was wearing a ballistic vest and they couldn't stop him. After which, he ran into the school and barricaded himself into the classroom where he killed people. Is that not the case?

If multiple law enforcement officers can't neutralize an 18 year old kid before he makes it inside the school, then let's stop with the nonsense idea that more armed guards will help this problem.

If multiple law enforcement officers can't neutralize an 18 year old kid before he makes it inside the school, then let's stop with the nonsense idea that more armed guards will help this problem.

Maybe they should have pretended it was a routine traffic stop. No way he would have made it into the school.

well, the teacher didn't have a gun

Back