• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

He’s right in the way that you blame your team for not playing good defense. But then you realize Democrats and Republicans are both on the US team so Republicans are horrible teammates.

The teammates who don't hold their teammates accountable are also horrible teammates.

The teammates who don't hold their teammates accountable are also horrible teammates.

But they’re not as bad as the ones who need to be held accountable.

Your logic is that Democrats don’t stop Republicans from doing bad things so we should vote for Republicans who get things done.

But they’re not as bad as the ones who need to be held accountable.

Your logic is that Democrats don’t stop Republicans from doing bad things so we should vote for Republicans who get things done.

When did I say vote for Republicans? Political parties are for suckers.

And they are as bad if they keep passing the ball to those who need to be held accountable. Then they themselves need to become accountable as well.

This metaphor is falling apart.

Schumer needs to step up and bring forward votes. Grieving and stressed out Americans need to see the GOP and McConnell standing in the the way of even the simplest and extremely popular gun control measures like universal background checks for anything but a muzzle loading hunting rifle. At best something like that passes, at worst the Pubs are obviously seen to be standing in the way of protecting school children and it would take away 2&2's argument that the Dems and Pubs are equally responsible.

If Manchin doesn't want to, then accept that and continue to do your job. Bring up simple votes rather than complex packages so the entire country can hear Mitt Romney say he's in favor of 18 year olds having access to military style weapons that hold 20 rounds. Or that Susan Collins thinks the victims of rape or those in grave physical danger should have no choice in ending a pregnancy. Get some easy wins or bury those politicians with votes they can't explain away.

There are bills out there stalled in Congress, and we know why. And there will be more bills in the wake of this - but nothing will happen.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/25/politics/gun-laws-us-congress/index.html

Fight Republicans (including obvious Republicans like Manchin and Sinema), they're the fucking problem. Bosidesing, while it makes soulless, evil shitheads like 2&2 sleep better at night, is complete fruitless bullshit.

If you think any of your proposed messaging moves the needle at all for those fucking clowns where they live, I don't know what to tell you. But it will be done anyway.

Actual response to something I put up on FB yesterday...

the propaganda machine at MSDNC is at it again. Most gun deaths happen in large, democratic run cities with far stricter gun regulations. Most criminals and gangs don’t care about the laws. Laws only affect the law abiding citizens who represent the vast majority of gun owners. Oh and the democrat politicians are not even prosecuting these criminals that are arrested. The problem has never been about guns yet the propagandists in the media continue to push a false narrative designed to take away our constitutional rights. You want to talk about why we have shootings or homicides, then let’s start with the broken families that these people come from, the gang activity of the homicides, the mental health crisis, the drugs being pushed across our southern borders that are killing hundreds of thousand annually, then we can have an honest conversation.

I find myself about to shut off social media because I want to drive 30 miles to put my hands around the throat of this little shit.

Ha. Keep voting for the same party who promises change and never, ever delivers. Two of the last 3 Presidents, majority of Congress, plenty of Governors, the mayor and majority city council of almost every major city. Yet nothing changes. Ever. Anywhere. Not local, state, or national. You are dumber than the right wing gun nuts, at least they know what they are voting for and aren't conned the same damn way every single election cycle. The blood of those kids is as much on your hands as it is theirs. You are just too stupid to realize it and will fall for it again next election day, you fucking dumbass.

As Brasky said, Biden and the Democrats should be formally proposing strict gun control laws, today. Right now. Make the Republicans try to vote it down. But where are they? Just passing blame without actually trying to do anything even though they have the power. Impotent as always. And you'll fall for it and continue to support them despite their impotence, like you always have and will continue to do. Continue the insane cycle of support while they get paid.

What are you talking about? Nothing ever changes "ever" "anywhere" "not local, state, or national". Obama had the Senate and House for two years and passed Obamacare - one of the biggest pieces of healthcare legislation in the history of the country. After that, when Republicans controlled the House and the Senate, what exactly was Obama supposed to do? Biden has passed the infrastructure bill, once again, one of the largest pieces of infrastructure spending in the history of the country.

Do you really want to go down a list of what every state and local government has changed in terms of . . . everything? I can point to redevelopment in cities under Democratic governance. But of course that may depend on the particular city.

But of course, this is a stupidly broad argument put forth by a stupid man attempting to blame Democrats for not successfully regulating guns when Republicans have held up this legislation for decades.

Last edited:
Voting for a third party helped get us Trump. if you want to make things even worse than they are currently, go for it man. I know you care about your kids though.

And Trump gave us the opportunity to put just about anyone that we wanted to in the Oval Office and we came up with…Joe Biden. So I’m not really sure we’re a party that actually cares about meaningful change.

And Trump gave us the opportunity to put just about anyone that we wanted to in the Oval Office and we came up with…Joe Biden. So I’m not really sure we’re a party that actually cares about meaningful change.

Biden fucking won. Hillary didn't. There is a population out there that wanted to vote for a moderate white guy. Biden delivered. We couldn't put up anyone. Pete Buttigieg would have been fantastic but suburbanites would have been too scared to put a gay white guy in office.

Biden fucking won. Hillary didn't. There is a population out there that wanted to vote for a moderate white guy. Biden delivered. We couldn't put up anyone. Pete Buttigieg would have been fantastic but suburbanites would have been too scared to put a gay white guy in office.

So with the aversion to risk another loss we elect someone who won’t affect any meaningful change and will still be demonized by a large portion of America and be so ineffectual as to almost guarantee a red wave in the next two elections. Seems like a solid strategy.

Is this sarcastic? I know Brasky would gladly straight up hold Manchin and Sinema hostage and force their vote at gunpoint, and that's what it would likely take at this point. It's not "the Democrats". I wish they were in lockstep with each other as much as Republicans are (united in being completely fucking evil), but they are not. I would love it if the two of them were gone and democrats had a real majority in the Senate right now, but unfortunately that's not reality -- we have to deal with, you know, actual reality.

Y’all remember when Joe Lieberman was Joe Manchin? I do. There’s always going to be one.

Explain why the Dem leadership went out of their way to campaign and raise millions for a pro-gun and anti-abortion incumbent under criminal investigation if they actually give a fuck about those issues.

They don’t, grow up you stooges.

So with the aversion to risk another loss we elect someone who won’t affect any meaningful change and will still be demonized by a large portion of America and be so ineffectual as to almost guarantee a red wave in the next two elections. Seems like a solid strategy.

You really wanted to risk giving Trump another 4 years so we could run a more liberal candidate with a greater chancing of losing?

I am completely certain that Biden would sign any gun control measure that came out the Senate today. The problem here is McConnell and the Senate, not Biden.

You really wanted to risk giving Trump another 4 years so we could run a more liberal candidate with a greater chancing of losing?

As opposed to where we are at this moment? Absolutely.

And Trump was able to give the Supreme Court a supermajority that will destroy our country for decades. You can live in the real word, with all the BS that comes with it, or you can live in some fantasy Brasky world where he wants fascism to take a complete hold over our country so he can fulfill his Che Guevara fantasies here in the US over the next half a century.

I understand being frustrated -- I'm frustrated as hell. 2 out of my 3 kids are in the same grades as the kids at Uvalde, and there were cops everywhere when I dropped them off this morning, and that should not need to be the case. And they're scared, and we have to have hard, scary conversations with them, and more kids at schools have been shot and killed in mass shootings this year than cops have been killed so far this year -- and that's completely fucking nuts. Channel the frustration at the the truly evil people who are the cause of this rather than voting (or not voting) to give them complete, unchecked control of our democracy.

I am completely certain that Biden would sign any gun control measure that came out the Senate today. The problem here is McConnell and the Senate, not Biden.

This is fair. Biden is just emblematic of the overall issue with the party.

Back