• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

I don’t really like the idea of private companies deciding who gets to have a gun

Private companies decide who gets to drive a car. There would not be a monopoly. You just have to find insurance somewhere if you want to legally own and possess a gun.

This is similar to what I've been advocating for regarding mandatory insurance. NC could enact a law requiring insurance with limits of $500,000 for any gun owner and strict liability in case of any injury or death (meaning, the victim does not have to prove negligence/intent). This would allow private insurance carriers to determine whether an individual is insurable. Since it's their money on the line, they will have every incentive to only insure those for whom the risk is justified. That determination might include psychiatric evaluation, background checks, and interviews. The next step is to enact harsh penalties for possession without insurance, especially where the violation is willful.

long story short......National Firearms Insurance Plan

another busted, mismanaged, underfunded government insurance product. It even shares the Acronym!

and LOL if you think such suppressive measures wouldn't be demolished by SCOTUS as infringements

you know how toothless it is for insurance companies to verify/underwrite against Medical issues for drivers? doctors won't sign on off on blocking access to insurance. i've had customers with dementia, in homes, with a doctor's form saying in multiple places [essentially] "this person should not be driving" who would not sign on the "revocation" line at the bottom.

now's about the time RJ would post the Chris Rock bullet control video.

these cocksuckers really think they've cracked the code: one door.

Last edited:
and LOL if you think such suppressive measures wouldn't be demolished by SCOTUS as infringements

With the current Court, anything is possible. However, counselor, I believe this measure would pass even strict scrutiny analysis.

Cruz would be against laws preventing guns from getting in that one door. Then it’s one door that the shooter could block.

With the current Court, anything is possible. However, counselor, I believe this measure would pass even strict scrutiny analysis.

That's because you think the Supreme Court rules on the law / Constitution and doesn't work backwards from a predetermined conclusion.

That's because you think the Supreme Court rules on the law / Constitution and doesn't work backwards from a predetermined conclusion.

I am not naïve. One of the benefits of my plan is it would have the backing of the insurance lobby.

With the performance of police in this scenario, I wonder if people will be less dismissive of abolitionist ideas. But i’m skeptical it will lead to any change.

great idea cocksucker, just one door to filter all the kids in and out of...what could go wrong with that?

Was sent here via PM from a concerned person to sanity check Brasky. Haven't read this board for some time. Feel his pain.

Was saying to friends this morning given the two party system and private interest, and given SCOTUS and the Constitution, this is not a situation that will improve in a generation, if ever. Incremental regulatory solutions don't help, and needed sweeping bans don't pass (insane, outdated, unnecessary) Constitutional scrutiny.

Guess we're just gonna keep having to cross our fingers every day that our children won't get brutally murdered at the place we send them to school from age 5-18. What a country.

Was sent here via PM from a concerned person to sanity check Brasky. Haven't read this board for some time. Feel his pain.

Was saying to friends this morning given the two party system and private interest, and given SCOTUS and the Constitution, this is not a situation that will improve in a generation, if ever. Incremental regulatory solutions don't help, and needed sweeping bans don't pass (insane, outdated, unnecessary) Constitutional scrutiny.

Guess we're just gonna keep having to cross our fingers every day that our children won't get brutally murdered at the place we send them to school from age 5-18. What a country.

yeah and then after 18 gotta keep those fingers crossed it doesn't happen where your kids got to college, work, shop, vacation, or do any aspect of their daily lives

if only Democrats would do something

Not gonna stick around to see this through, but leadership fundraising for NRA A-graded candidates and anti-abortion Dems this past month is pretty disillusioning. At least I get the warm fuzzy feeling I'm stemming the tide of fascism.

Back