• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

If a weapon is so dangerous that a group of law enforcement officers is afraid to confront a single person using one, then civilians should not be allowed to own that weapon.

Wakegrrl has been one of the greats here recently. Sucks so much that it's under these conditions. Our country is effed.

Card carrying nra member. Or so I've heard.

If true, he reaped what he sowed. Grim, but whatever. I have little sympathy for gun nuts in life or death.

As a society we're literally sacrificing kids and teachers so that people can teach their kids to do this and possess this many weapons. We're the most violent "civilized" society on the planet. Insanity.

Can i call the police to report abuse and recieve a 10k bounty?

Can i call the police to report abuse and recieve a 10k bounty?

Raising a child around alcoholism or smoking is abuse. But raising a kid around gun is just good parenting?

As someone who collects all sorts of things it's not hard for me to understand

Firearms are the now the leading cause of death in children in America. More than motor vehicles, disease, cancer, anything else. Hellish place, this country.

Is there a reason that this had to be clarified?

I'm guessing a reporter asked the question. Seems like a standard question to ask. Also seems like something the cops wouldn't admit to anyway.

Yeah. Police don't have a problem instantly shooting people.

can always count on Chris to emerge from his hole to taunt anyone advocating real change. biggest hard on for leftists I’ve ever seen

He's a coward, plain and simple. A selfish dickhead who mocks anyone that actually wants this country to be better. Add Shoo to that list too, I have no time for either one of those smug assholes. They revel in the misery and hopelessness of others. I have and would drink a beer with a lot of posters on here, but not these two.

That being said to everyone else I insulted, I apologize. I'm obviously going through some stuff and as a former educator school shootings trigger (no pun intended) my dystopian fears about our society. I've struggled with the idea that our nation and society is evil and horrible for years. On a micro level it doesn't effect my daily interaction with people, but when I have time to sit and think about the big picture it can quickly snowball into depression and anger.

I will sit the Politics Board out for awhile, the realties of our world are too depressing for me to read about right now. On a side note to those who are concerned, I'm actually doing okay at work and with my ex and son, things are going pretty well all things considered.

But when events like this occur, I do struggle with rage and can lash out. After the shooting at Tabor my ex, and new mother, was not amused with my analysis that "what do you expect, this is the world we choose to live". Not my finest moment.

Back