• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Emily Miller, Washington Times Senior Editor: Just listened to Harvey Weinstein say he's making a new NRA movie and that the gun manufacturers' stocks would crash and burn, and her response was "I don't know why he hates something that is stuck in your shoulder." Jesus Fucking Christ.

ETA: She also said "movies and guns are both inanimate objects, they're human beings that make decisions."

Jesus Fucking Christ Squared.

Last edited:
Weird. The first two words in the headline are "Customer kills."

Cav, if you haven't been to Wesley Chapel within the last year or so, you probably wouldn't recognize it.

Emily Miller, Washington Times Senior Editor: Just listened to Harvey Weinstein say he's making a new NRA movie and that the gun manufacturers' stocks would crash and burn, and her response was "I don't know why he hates something that is stuck in your shoulder." Jesus Fucking Christ.

ETA: She also said "movies and guns are both inanimate objects, they're human beings that make decisions."

I wouldn't be shocked if he gets the Coen brothers or Clooney to write and direct. He doesn't need to ask anyone, Harvey can greenlight it himself.

I hope he's getting it started.

Tell Trayon Martin's family how they save lives. Without a concealed carry permit, no way that pussy Zimmerman ever approaches the innocent teen.

Saved Zimmerman's life. In AL, the illegal gun wielding person was killed and innocent potential lives were saved. Neither you nor I nor anyone other than Zimmerman know what actually transpired in the Trayvon Martin case, so I will avoid further comment on that particular case.

Last edited:
Saved Zimmerman's life. In AL, the illegal gun wielding person was killed and innocent potential lives were saved. Neither you nor I nor anyone other than Zimmerman know what actually transpired in the Trayvon Martin case, so I will avoid further comment on that particular case.

BULLSHIT! There would NEVER have been an incident had Zimmerman not been allowed to carry that concealed weapon.

Concealed carry saves lives:

http://bit.ly/1dkLGbA

Maybe. The sheriff had some interesting comments:

"You have one individual waving a gun and you have another one who shoots the one waving the gun. Some people say that's justifiable.Then you're going to have some who says it's not. I think we need to get all of the information we can get from everybody and then go forward from there," the sheriff said in an interview.
The gunman's motive remains unclear. Sheriff Huffman does not think it was a robbery. He says words were exchanged between the gunman and the people inside the store but there was never any mention of a robbery or hold up or money.

Makes me wonder if the gunman and the guy who shot him had some history or something. Probably never hear anything else about it but if you do get an update please post.

BULLSHIT! There would NEVER have been an incident had Zimmerman not been allowed to carry that concealed weapon.

Glad you and you alone know with absolute certainty what transpired that night. I've always wanted to know who really shot Kennedy. Care to enlighten me and the rest of the world so we can put all these theories to rest.

Trayvon Martin was walking home from 7-11 and talking to a friend on his cellphone. Had Zimmerman not had a gun, he wouldn't have had the balls to approach him.

(CNN) -- Here is a list of incidents of random elementary, middle and high school (excludes colleges and universities) violence with fatalities, from 1927 to the present. This list does NOT include suicides, gang related incidents, or deaths resulting from interpersonal conflicts.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/19/us/u-s-school-violence-fast-facts/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Tragedies all, but the details (year, location, gender, frequency, method, outcome, legal aftermath) and events are fascinating. My paradigm of school violence starts with Columbine.

Last edited:
thought you guys would get a kick out of this billboard that just went up in Harrisburg; tried to snap my own pic but this one is better

24501119_BG1.jpg

(CNN) -- A gunman shot and killed another man Tuesday inside Purdue University's electrical engineering building, spurring worried students to scramble into the bitter cold outside for safety.

for those of you who don't know what the SlideFire is, it's a device you put on your semi-automatic rifle that uses the gun's recoil to bounce off the trigger continuously, mimicking automatic fire. it's pretty awful

yeah i had pointed out you can bump fire most any semi with nothing more than a belt loop in your jeans some time ago in this thread... not accurate but in very close quarters or for psychological reasons it is pretty awful.

what you've posted can actually be aimed and controlled...damn, guess i need to head to the fairgrounds this sat and snag one!

ETA:

this is also why the guy pioneering 3d printed guns needs to stop with his plastic 30 round magazines that can be downloaded by anyone.

Last edited:
Over this week, we've had shootings at Purdue and now at Oklahoma.

Back