• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Over this week, we've had shootings at Purdue and now at Oklahoma.

Gun free zones like college campuses just draw out the crazies looking for target practice. Live targets who cannot shoot back are apparently all the rage.

There have been several suicides at gun ranges in Orange and LA Counties over the past few months. People go in, rent a gun, buy some ammo and then kill themselves.

There have been several suicides at gun ranges in Orange and LA Counties over the past few months. People go in, rent a gun, buy some ammo and then kill themselves.

Not a bad plan when you think about it(other than the part of the plan where you die),they do not waste money buying single use items, simply rent them. Off yourself at rental place to spare your loved ones the burden of finding you and having to clean up.

I've actually been to gun ranges that require you to own your own gun before renting one from them, thus eliminating this. Pretty awful though. Can't imagine having that happen beside me.

Not a bad plan when you think about it(other than the part of the plan where you die),they do not waste money buying single use items, simply rent them. Off yourself at rental place to spare your loved ones the burden of finding you and having to clean up.

certainly a rational actor

Shooting in Howard County, MD today. Nice, wealthy area. MD has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country.

Shooting in Howard County, MD today. Nice, wealthy area. MD has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country.

A few miles away VA has among the laxist. It's not like people can't drive and buy them there.

Weird. The first two words in the headline are "Customer kills."

Cav, if you haven't been to Wesley Chapel within the last year or so, you probably wouldn't recognize it.

I was there last May for a wedding.

A few miles away VA has among the laxist. It's not like people can't drive and buy them there.

It's actually exactly like that. Hate to ruin your point with facts.

"NON-VA Residents: Must be of legal age to purchase a firearm. Can only purchase long guns (rifles and shotguns) and must have the same forms of ID as VA residents. Driver's License from your State of residence and another ID that proves you live in that State. ALL LAWS OF BOTH STATES MUST BE COMPLIED WITH. You must fill out the paperwork and pass the background check, you can then take your firearm with you."

I've actually been to gun ranges that require you to own your own gun before renting one from them, thus eliminating this. Pretty awful though. Can't imagine having that happen beside me.

How does that eliminate suicide? Couldn't a gun owner go to a gun range to commit suicide?

Gun debates are about the only thing I can possibly think of where an argument "more of X will decrease incidents occurring as a direct result of there being X present."

JOHNNY ONLY GOT STABBED TO DEATH BECAUSE HE DIDN'T HAVE A CONCEALED MACHETE TO PROTECT HIMSELF!

Gun debates are about the only thing I can possibly think of where an argument "more of X will decrease incidents occurring as a direct result of there being X present."

JOHNNY ONLY GOT STABBED TO DEATH BECAUSE HE DIDN'T HAVE A CONCEALED MACHETE TO PROTECT HIMSELF!

JOHNNY ONLY LOST THE GUN BATTLE BECAUSE HE DIDN'T HAVE A FULLY AUTOMATIC TO DEFEND HIMSELF!

Yep. If everyone was allowed to own a gun the NRA and the right wing wackos would change the story. "The only thing that can stop all the felons with guns, is for the good citizens to be able to carry bazookas. IT'S IN THE SECOND AMENDMENT!"

Nuclear weapons and détente?

But that's still kind of a weapon and falls into your category

Disregard

Yep. If everyone was allowed to own a gun the NRA and the right wing wackos would change the story. "The only thing that can stop all the felons with guns, is for the good citizens to be able to carry bazookas. IT'S IN THE SECOND AMENDMENT!"
Hmmm. Everyone IS allowed to own a gun. There are restrictions on this. Just like on all other rights.

Everyone should have a gun, except blacks of course.

watch

@HoCoTimes: .@HCPDNews Chief McMahon: “The weapon used was a Mossberg 12-gauge shotgun” purchased in Montgomery County [Maryland] in December.

Back