• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

As a parent of a young child, this stuff really gets to me. I can't even begin to fathom what these families are feeling right now. Even more so, I cannot understand why we shrug our shoulders every time this happens. History won't look kindly on this epidemic.

Police, family say jealous shooter killed 4 at car wash

Cline shared a meme on her Facebook page last week that read, "After this week, I rlly (sic) need to get taken out ... on a date or by a sniper either one is fine w me at this point." A Facebook friend of hers named Tim Smith replied, "I could do both."

Porterfield's pregnant wife, Jenna Porterfield, 24, told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that a state police investigator told her that Smith was a jealous former boyfriend of Cline.

How can anyone still oppose strict and drastic gun control measures at this point? I don't understand it. It's sickening.

there are a bunch of selfish assholes who just love the big cock feeling their guns give them

6-year-old boy was accidentally shot and killed

A 6-year-old boy was accidentally shot and killed Sunday morning inside his family's northwest Houston apartment.

According to investigators, the boy apparently found an unsecured 9 mm pistol inside a bedroom.

"It appears the 6-year-old got up and went into a room and found a firearm and discharged it," said HPD Homicide Sgt. Anthony Turner.

The child's mother was not at home at the time, but her 18-year-old daughter was looking after the children this morning. In addition to the victim, they include his 6-year-old twin sister and a 14-year-old sibling.

The boy was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.

His 20-year-old sister told police that she had the gun because of crime in the area.

It's the second death in as many days of a child who played with an unsecured weapon.

On Saturday, a 4-year-old Texas City boy was killed when he found a loaded handgun at his family's home.

At what point do parents/schools start having talks with their kids about identifying potential shooters? Looking back, I can think of 2 or 3 people (in my tiny K - 12, 300 person high school) that I could have profiled as a potential shooter. And even if your kids could identify them, what could be done about it?

It's a sad conversation, and infinitely more difficult than just cracking down on guns, but at this point I guess we need to start looking at alternatives.

It also reminds me of the old saying "Everyone is a liberal until they get mugged," except it would seem Republicans need to get mugged before they will wake up to common sense gun laws.

Last edited:
At what point do parents/schools start having talks with their kids about identifying potential shooters? Looking back, I can think of 2 or 3 people (in my tiny K - 12, 300 person high school) that I could have profiled as a potential shooter. And even if your kids could identify them, what could be done about it?

It's a sad conversation, and infinitely more difficult than just cracking down on guns, but at this point I guess we need to start looking at alternatives.

It also reminds me of the old saying "Everyone is a liberal until they get mugged," except it would seem Republicans need to get mugged before they will wake up to common sense gun laws.

Someone even shot a Republican congressman! Hard to imagine anything would cause them to budge.

if only there was one common denominator to link these SHOOTINGS with one another. some kind of silver BULLET explanation.

if only there was one common denominator to link these SHOOTINGS with one another. some kind of silver BULLET explanation.

Gang members and immigrants?

Damn Nintendo.

Not sure what you are talking about, but thanks for keeping me in your thoughts...

So we are currently having a school shooting a week. Not just general gun violence...JUST SCHOOLS. You are in my thoughts.

Back