• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

Holy shit NC GOP

CoawwQKWAAAcKb0.jpg

And they said that they've "tweeted their apology," but others are rightly pointing out that deleting a tweet is not the same as apologizing

In 2008, Democrats had controlled the General Assembly for like 125 years. Bev Perdue was a bad candidate, and on a personal level I knew her son, who was a total douche. McCrory was a good mayor, very moderate, pragmatic, not an ideologue in any way, campaigned on shit like transportation. In any event, he lost, in 2010 Pubs took over the GA and immediately went full retard and proved that a Democratic Governor is absolutely imperative, so I would have voted for any D against McCrory in 2012. As it was, he ran against Walter Dalton, who was a good man, would have probably been a good governor, but never stood a chance given the way Perdue went out. Now, somehow, McCrory is on the front line of the culture war, which is about the dumbest thing ever and clearly not a natural place for him to be.

Right. I clearly remember feeling a lot of shock and disgust about McCrory when he started signing off on all the anti-city BS that the general assembly started enacting. Nobody campaigned with a promise to neuter cities, or has ever made a case that any of these laws meddling in local government are "conservative" or even good policy. It was, and is, pure partisan vendetta politics. I expected him to govern like a conservative and at the time was OK with that, but nobody except Phil Berger and Thom Tillis (and their puppetmasters) expected the agenda they actually have enacted.

Let's not act like Republicans don't regularly ignore simple facts to push an agenda.

Dallas Woodhouse
1 hr ·

As the Executive Director of the North Carolina Republican Party, we offer our sincere and unqualified apology for the mistake made on Twitter last night regarding Gov. Kaine's lapel pin. The tweet was wrong on the facts, wrong in tone and should not have happened.

We would like to offer a sincere apology to Senator Tim Kaine, his family, and his Marine son who is honorably serving overseas.

The members of the staff that were invoked are facing severe internal sanctions and mandatory retraining.

When we learned of our mistake, we immediately took steps to rectify it. There are now procedural measures in place to make sure it does not happen again.

While I did not see or authorize the tweet, as the Director of our organization I take full responsibility for our carelessness.

Again, we are incredibly thankful for the service of Sen. Kaine’s son, and all United States military, past and present, who fight for our freedom.

We demand accountability from our elected officials and our government. Those standards apply do and should apply to us as well.
https://www.facebook.com/dallas.woodhouse/posts/10208892649929967?pnref=story

Procedural measures like using Google to confirm your facts before tweeting them?

but the question remains why wasnt he wearing a us flag pin?

I thought that was a proper response as well.

Definitely a proper response but I thought going to training for this type of transgression was traditionally lampooned by conservatives as a PC response.

What kind of person sees a pin, assumes it's the flag of Honduras, and rather than double checking, just takes to Twitter with the assumption that for some reason the VP candidate is wearing a pin for Honduras?

And agreed. Good response. Look at us being bipartisan!

Last edited:
Kaine lived in Honduras for a while doing missionary work and it's why he's fluent in Spanish. Probably a failure of heuristics in a certain type of politicized mind.

I voted for McCrory. Perdue was a complete loser and bad for the state and the NC Democratic Party had badly discredited itself with serious corruption issues and general incompetence. 2008 was a long time ago and the GOP had not gone full bore bananas at that time. Sure, McCain picked Palin which I think, in retrospect, was the canary in the coal mine of the coming wave of crazy. Things didn't go completely nuts until 2010 and thereafter.

They were pretty crazy then, too.

I thought it was a little much considering the sin was a really dumb mistake in an eagerness to score a cheap political point. No training is needed. Just to learn to fact check.

Back