• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

So you think the NCAA will prevent NC higher seed teams from hosting tournament games? I doubt that. Maybe NIT but not NCAA tournaments. I think this is only neutral site hosts.

Last edited:
So you think the NCAA will prevent NC higher seed teams from hosting tournament games? I doubt that. Maybe NIT but not NCAA tournaments. I think this is only neutral site hosts.

No, I was thinking more about neutral site hosts in NC, such as the NCAA tennis championships Wake will be hosting. Hopefully the soccer championships will be held in Cary again, as I think it improves Wake's chances of winning the national championship. Same goes for field hockey (which Wake could host) and other championships that could be held in NC.

NC GOP - #incometaxesmatter

NC Poor - #alltaxesmatter

Biff, you seem like you were familiar with McCrory prior to him becoming governor. Has he always been this dumb? I can't believe I once voted for him against Bev Perdue.

I have a friend who was good friends with McCory's son at Wesleyan and said Pat wasn't a total donk then. And that's one of the most liberal schools in the country.

Biff, you seem like you were familiar with McCrory prior to him becoming governor. Has he always been this dumb? I can't believe I once voted for him against Bev Perdue.
With the pub supermajorities they held at the state house level? It didn't matter how much of a donk she was....

With the pub supermajorities they held at the state house level? It didn't matter how much of a donk she was....

Pubs didn't take control of the NC House and/or Senate until 2010. I voted for Pat in 2008 against Perdue, thinking he was a moderate pragmatist who had a good grasp of issues facing cities and counties (ironic). Didn't vote for him in 2012 against Dalton.

Things always ran pretty smooth when he was mayor.

Yeah, no.

Still think Obama campaign firing her was a smooth move on their part. Cold-blooded.

JH, saw where McCrory campaigned with Trump last night. Does he qualify for the "smart wing" of the 'pub party?

JH, saw where McCrory campaigned with Trump last night. Does he qualify for the "smart wing" of the 'pub party?

As bad as he is (and boy, is he bad), he's smarter than Bev Perdue and that He-Hillary we had before her, combined.

Nice to know that Mr. Cooper can count on your support.

I will be watching that race closely. In the ultimate Pat-Mac move, he is going to back into a second term on a combination of Trump Turnout in the hinterlands and quiet support of HB2 among the Dem high school grad set.

Sidenote: Why hasn't Roy gone with a "Hangin' with Mr. Cooper" theme for 2016? Do I have to think of everything?

Bev Purdue sucked though.

Texting with friends last night about the Trump rally and this came up: rank Trump, Burr, Foxx, and Elmers by intelligence. I'll throw in McCrory to that as well. Let's see what people come up with.

It's tough minus the obvious last place choice.

Back