• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

Yeah I think tiers are easier than rankings. I've got Trump/Burr in the top group but would probably give the nod to Trump. Foxx and McCrory are in the next tier, never really taken either for being particularly intelligent. Elmers is a complete moron.

I know I called McCrory dumb earlier, but I meant more politically tone-deaf than unintelligent. He has just been in over his head as the Governor since basically Day 1, getting totally owned on everything, and I'm legitimately surprised by that.

1. Burr
2. Trump
3. Foxx
4. McCrory
5. Elmers
6. Wellman
7. Lobo
8. Numbers
9. Doofus

I beat Doofus. That's something. I'm also comfortable saying that nearly anyone who posts on here is smarter than Elmers.

I beat Doofus. That's something. I'm also comfortable saying that nearly anyone who posts on here is smarter than Elmers.

As a fourth year law student, I think you've earned some cred. That boy doesn't even wear his seatbelt.

"Men do tend to talk about things on a much higher level,” Ellmers said. “Many of my male colleagues, when they go to the House floor, you know, they’ve got some pie chart or graph behind them and they’re talking about trillions of dollars and how, you know, the debt is awful and, you know, we all agree with that.... “We need our male colleagues to understand that if you can bring it down to a woman’s level and what everything that she is balancing in her life – that’s the way to go,” Ellmers concluded.

With the pub supermajorities they held at the state house level? It didn't matter how much of a donk she was....

Bev Perdue was totally worthless as a governor and actually held down teacher pay after Michael Easley raised their pay. This caused North Carolina to fall into the bottom 5 of all the states in average teacher pay. Her being so worthless and corrupt is why the Democratic Party told her not to run in 2012 when Pat McCrory won easily. Call it what you will but McCrory has now instituted raises for teacher pay now that the budget has been balanced and there is a surplus, something he promised he would do. He has also lowered the corporate tax rate and lowered the state income tax rate from one of the South's highest to one now in the middle of the road. These things took time since there has been over 140 years of Democratic controlled state houses in North Carolina which has made for many bad laws. These do not get corrected overnight.

Taxes have increased for the bottom 40% of North Carolinians.

He's eviscerated the safety net for those same people.

Pay has risen for some tearchers but not all. There are still teachers who haven't had a raise in 10 years. In addition, he's pushing for bonuses based on faulty test scores to replace pay increases.

Please list the many bad laws in this state prior to dumpster full we've collected (many made overnight) since 2010.

Bev Perdue was totally worthless as a governor and actually held down teacher pay after Michael Easley raised their pay. This caused North Carolina to fall into the bottom 5 of all the states in average teacher pay. Her being so worthless and corrupt is why the Democratic Party told her not to run in 2012 when Pat McCrory won easily. Call it what you will but McCrory has now instituted raises for teacher pay now that the budget has been balanced and there is a surplus, something he promised he would do. He has also lowered the corporate tax rate and lowered the state income tax rate from one of the South's highest to one now in the middle of the road. These things took time since there has been over 140 years of Democratic controlled state houses in North Carolina which has made for many bad laws. These do not get corrected overnight.

Doesn't do much good to lower the income tax rates if you are adding sales taxes onto thousands of new goods and services that used to be tax free.....all that does is save the 1% money while decimating the bottom half.

Pubs didn't take control of the NC House and/or Senate until 2010. I voted for Pat in 2008 against Perdue, thinking he was a moderate pragmatist who had a good grasp of issues facing cities and counties (ironic). Didn't vote for him in 2012 against Dalton.

I never understood why people thought that. Was it because he didn't act like a crazy man? He was a republican that was going to republican in office.

I voted for McCrory. Perdue was a complete loser and bad for the state and the NC Democratic Party had badly discredited itself with serious corruption issues and general incompetence. 2008 was a long time ago and the GOP had not gone full bore bananas at that time. Sure, McCain picked Palin which I think, in retrospect, was the canary in the coal mine of the coming wave of crazy. Things didn't go completely nuts until 2010 and thereafter.

In 2008, Democrats had controlled the General Assembly for like 125 years. Bev Perdue was a bad candidate, and on a personal level I knew her son, who was a total douche. McCrory was a good mayor, very moderate, pragmatic, not an ideologue in any way, campaigned on shit like transportation. In any event, he lost, in 2010 Pubs took over the GA and immediately went full retard and proved that a Democratic Governor is absolutely imperative, so I would have voted for any D against McCrory in 2012. As it was, he ran against Walter Dalton, who was a good man, would have probably been a good governor, but never stood a chance given the way Perdue went out. Now, somehow, McCrory is on the front line of the culture war, which is about the dumbest thing ever and clearly not a natural place for him to be.

The Dems did deserve to get voted out after Easley and Bev. But not in favor for this group of GOP rubes.

Back