• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

Fuck, I completely missed Roy Cooper. Duh. Should've predicted it would be his fault since he isn't the Governor nor a legislator and had no part of the passage of HB2. In sum, "the sports and entertainment elite, Attorney General Roy Cooper and the liberal media" are to blame, according to Pat McCrory.

So Michael Jordan and the NFC champs aren't sports and entertainment elite ?

Oh shit, should have known it's actually the fault of the Clintons. God, McCrory is such a joke. So small-time.

Cn7CfLIWgAAx4qP

Lt. Gov. Dan Forest @LtGovDanForest
Cumulative GDP Growth 4Q 2012 to 4Q 2015
U.S. = 11.5%
North Carolina = 15.8%

(currently #4 fastest-growing state since 2013)
#ncpol

Something something correlation does not equal causation

Haha. "Lieutenant Dan" Forest

So McCrory's position is that the NBA is putting political interests ahead of their own brand and financial bottom line? Not buying that one even for a second Pat. I hope he gets destroyed by Cooper.

@InsidetheNCAA
Cities interested in hosting future NCAA championships must submit non-discrimination details by Aug. 12: http://on.ncaa.com/2aB8UyL

Timing isn't a coincidence. Bye bye NCAA tourney/championships.

So McCrory's position is that the NBA is putting political interests ahead of their own brand and financial bottom line? Not buying that one even for a second Pat. I hope he gets destroyed by Cooper.
The NBA's political interests and financial bottom line probably align more closely than you think.

But I guess the NBA could just say "fuck the gays and trannies", start a GoFundMe page and step 3 profit

Never underestimate the ability of bigots and murderers to capitalize on the charitableness of conservatives with GoFundMe pages. The cops that killed Philando have probably paid off their mortgages by now with that white hate cash flow

Last edited:
I'm excited to see who Pat blames for losing the All Star Game. The Charlotte City Council? The Human Rights Campaign? Corporate bullies like Apple and America Airlines? The media? Obviously it's not his fault nor the fault of the legislature.

Appears he is also assigning some blame to the one openly gay member of the General Assembly, Chris Sgro

Last edited:
Last week I heard another story of Pat pre-emptively blaming the "selective corporate elite" for the All-Star Game leaving Charlotte. Dude is nuts.

The $100mm number was used by the city itself when it was campaigning for $30mm in arena renovations to secure the game. Here's their explanation, it looks pretty accurate especially when compared to the other economic impacts of events in the city:

The benefits of hosting major events such as the NBA All-Star Game are vast. Economic impact surrounding high profile events like the NBA All-Star Game can reach upward of $100 million* (New Orleans generated $106.1 million in economic impact and $60.4 million in direct spending in 2014). Visitor spending from these events benefit the businesses in our community that wouldn’t experience that impact otherwise when fans stay in hotels, dine in restaurants, utilize various services, visit attractions and much more; ultimately creating valuable tax revenue for the city. In addition, these events also generate impact based on the new spending that occurs by this direct spending in other industries, creating a powerful trickle-down effect that helps the entire community.

At least this doesn't impact Wake.

This very much impacts Wake. The 2018 NCAA tennis championships are being hosted by Wake and the Deacs will be challenging for championships in M/W tennis, M/W golf, M soccer, field hockey, etc over the next few years.

Back