• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

Let's wait for the facts.

Well, another group of Dems raised $10K to help the rebuild effort in about 40 minutes. So I guess #notalldems

That would qualify as a fact.

Most of the quotes in the paper from Dems strongly condemned this action, something we have not seen much of from the other side regarding many trump statements

Full page ad today, on McCrory's birthday.

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/69133/pat-mccrory-full-page-newspaper-ad-on-his-60th-birthday-hb2/

I180Ef8.jpg

I saw McCrory at a bar on Saturday, right after the Wake game ended. He was trying to be fun/charming, but seemed very rattled when I briefly spoke to him. It was super awkward. #hottake

Was he campaigning or out for fun? Do you know him?

Which bathroom did he use??!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was out for fun, not far from where his house is in Charlotte. Had one "undercover" secret service type guy with him who gave me weird looks. I don't know him, but my uncle knows him very well and has worked with him in official capacities, so that's why we spoke briefly. Uncle loves McCrory.

FWIW, I really do think he's a good guy, but has gotten in over his head as a governor and let the legislature bully him around (see HB2). The Charlotte Observer article really had to be a dagger in his side. They had endorsed him in every single one of his races since 1991.

Yeah. I'm not in NC, but that fits my understanding of the situation. He had a vision of being a moderate Republican leader in a time when that is unacceptable to the right. So he moved accordingly without understanding what that meant.

I had hopes for McCrory until he signed the motorcycle safety bill that had abortion restrictions inserted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If McCrory is truly still a moderate he does a very good job of hiding it during all of his public appearances.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

If McCrory is truly still a moderate he does a very good job of hiding it during all of his public appearances.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

He's probably an actual moderate that is just a gutless coward dealing with a GA of idealogical purists with a thirst for revenge.

My good friend was good friends (maybe roommates) with McCrory's son at Wesleyan (one of the most liberal schools around). He met Pat a few times and is shocked that he turned into HB2-defender Pat.

My good friend was good friends (maybe roommates) with McCrory's son at Wesleyan (one of the most liberal schools around). He met Pat a few times and is shocked that he turned into HB2-defender Pat.

Pat and Ann don't have any kids.

Back