• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

General Assembly kicking things off this week.

Things to look for this session, in my opinion:
- It's a long session, expect lots of proposed bills that will never see the light of day, but also be wary of bills that appear dead magically reappearing in unrelated bills late in the session in the opposite chamber.

- What Cooper wants versus a veto-proof majority in the NC House and NC Senate. Lots of the rhetoric is on finding areas of agreement but basically the legislature has all of the power. I'd expect a hardcore teacher pay and education funding push in Cooper's budget and then it's scaled back a bit for more tax cuts.

- Potential constitutional amendments: eminent domain has already surfaced. I'd also expect more push for the "Taxpayer Bill of Rights" which in the last form I saw limited growth in state spending to the percentage of inflation and population growth and capped the income tax at 5.5% (currently just below that). Colorado passed a similar deal years ago and it was pretty bad from what I've heard/read

- Urban versus rural divide: This will continue and get worse due to how the power is structured. Expect another go at redistributing sales taxes that go to the urban counties (and thus urban cities) back to the more rural areas. Huge local budget implications if that gets legs.

- Voting laws: Using the backdrop of the McCrory challenges in the Governor's race, expect changes to voting. Based on the recent history, there is potential for voter suppression tactics here but I'm just speculating at this point in time.

- Regulations are always on the table, more reductions, it's the GOP ideology.

One big problem is the newly mandated, but unfunded smaller class sizes in K-2. School systems are already preparing to fire support staff, nurses, and music, art, and PE teachers.

HB2 still killing us. I assume at some point, maybe very soon, they will talk again about a repeal.

they are discussing an HB2 repeal. Stand alone it would pass right now but I believe the GOP would prefer to have a majority of their caucus in support, which makes it more difficult

Kernersville Republican who insulted marchers receives buckets of lard in return

Krawiec, a Republican who represents Forsyth and Yadkin counties, tweeted Monday night: “Message to crazies @Women’s March — If brains were lard, you couldn’t grease a small skillet. You know who you are.”

By Thursday morning, at least 10 boxes of lard had been sent to Krawiec’s office in Raleigh, according to the Raleigh News & Observer. Many more packages could arrive today thanks to overnight delivery, according to posts on social media.

As BKF states, it's absolutely black and white. Most people are born with either two X or an X and Y chromosome. Most of those with two X chromosomes develop female reproductive organs and female genitalia. Those born with an X and Y chromosome develop male reproductive organs and male genitalia. Except for those born with just one X chromosome (Turner syndrome), who usually have female characteristics but cannot reproduce. Or those with Klinefelter syndrome, in which they are born with two X and one Y chromosome. They have more male characteristics, though they develop breasts, have smaller genitalia, are less interested in sex, and are infertile. Or those with androgen insensitivity syndrome, in which they have an X and Y chromosome and testicles, but they develop female genitalia. Or congenital adrenal hyperplasia, in which people have two X chromosomes but develop male genitalia. Or any of the other 25 or so 'differences of sex development' conditions. It's really quite straightforward.

In the California land of fruits and nuts, they are putting forward an amendment for drivers licenses to allow for a 3rd gender reference along with the standard M & F, there could be a "TBD". What a bunch of junk!

In the California land of fruits and nuts, they are putting forward an amendment for drivers licenses to allow for a 3rd gender reference along with the standard M & F, there could be a "TBD". What a bunch of junk!

Maybe if NC followed policies from the land of fruits and nuts, one day North Carolinians would be able to be as productive as Californians. Your jealously is a typical childish ruse to hide your ineptness, laziness and inability to pull your own weight.

Maybe if NC followed policies from the land of fruits and nuts, one day North Carolinians would be able to be as productive as Californians. Your jealously is a typical childish ruse to hide your ineptness, laziness and inability to pull your own weight.

California is 17th is per capita GDP and North Carolina is 27th. We should all hope to be as productive as Delawareans.

Actually, in some instances, there is no junk. That's the point.

Depends on if you are Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner and decide to go, then not cut it off. Now what are you?

And no RJ, any state that would re-elect Moonbeam Brown as its Governor has no place except #1 in ineptness. "If it babbles and its eyeballs are glazed, it probably came from California!"

Depends on if you are Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner and decide to go, then not cut it off. Now what are you?

And no RJ, any state that would re-elect Moonbeam Brown as its Governor has no place except #1 in ineptness. "If it babbles and its eyeballs are glazed, it probably came from California!"

Then how come NC is so unproductive? How come your #1 cash crop kills people when used properly?

Maybe one day NC will be able to sniff the balls of CA's productivity, technology, food or creativity versus a lead product that kill Americans when used as instructed.

Back