• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

Pretty bald-faced, even for NC Pubs. How could literally anyone defend this anti-voting legislation? I'd love to see the effort. You'd have to be deeply embedded into the no-shame abyss.

And where will that happen? Not in small town, NC where REAL AMERICANS are strong...it'll happen in the big cities where democratic voting is strong. There'll democratic voters standing in lines while small town REAL AMERICANS spend five minutes blowing through their local polls.

FIFY... because those are the real "pro-America" parts of the country you're talking about.

http://www.news-record.com/blogs/cl...cle_08a8af58-feb4-11e2-93d3-001a4bcf6878.html

"Today, the N.C. Bar Association added its voice, "urging Gov. Pat McCrory to veto legislation that would revise significantly the authority provided now by state law regarding the discipline of judges.

"House Bill 652 takes away the authority of the Judicial Standards Commission to issue public reprimands and vests all forms of public discipline in the Supreme Court. It makes disciplinary hearings private, and keeps all case records confidential unless and until the Supreme Court decides to take disciplinary action.

"In addition, this legislation provides that the N.C. Supreme Court would discipline its own members, a responsibility currently assigned to the most senior six judges of the N.C. Court of Appeals.

“'After extensive discussion and review of House Bill 652, we have asked Gov. McCrory to veto this legislation,' said NCBA President Alan Duncan. 'We feel, as an organization, it is important to stand up for transparency, on behalf of the profession, and more importantly on behalf the citizens of North Carolina.'"

http://www.news-record.com/blogs/cl...cle_08a8af58-feb4-11e2-93d3-001a4bcf6878.html

"Today, the N.C. Bar Association added its voice, "urging Gov. Pat McCrory to veto legislation that would revise significantly the authority provided now by state law regarding the discipline of judges.

"House Bill 652 takes away the authority of the Judicial Standards Commission to issue public reprimands and vests all forms of public discipline in the Supreme Court. It makes disciplinary hearings private, and keeps all case records confidential unless and until the Supreme Court decides to take disciplinary action.

"In addition, this legislation provides that the N.C. Supreme Court would discipline its own members, a responsibility currently assigned to the most senior six judges of the N.C. Court of Appeals.

“'After extensive discussion and review of House Bill 652, we have asked Gov. McCrory to veto this legislation,' said NCBA President Alan Duncan. 'We feel, as an organization, it is important to stand up for transparency, on behalf of the profession, and more importantly on behalf the citizens of North Carolina.'"

Fucking epic

The only state employees receiving raises are those in the offices of the legislators and the governor's cabinet. The rest get vacation days that have to be used in this fiscal year, or they are lost. Classic.

They serve conservative lobbies. State employees are a low priority. Sadly NC conservatives voters have shown themselves to be morons who will just follow their masters and Dems lack balls.

I would think this nobel-level course on trolling would be a lot more amusing if i didn't live in this dump of a state. Le sigh.

The Puppet Speaks!

He's so proud that he disabled the stats, rating, and comments features of the video!

slick, he is an absolute, no holes barred, unashamed, piece of shit

either he is too stupid to understand the bill or he is an absolute political hack willing to disenfranchise anyone not of like mind. I would respect him more if it were the latter but I think it is the former.

The NC Legislature is the Carrot Top of state governments.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2013/08/north-carolinians-oppose-voter-bill.html

"PPP's newest North Carolina poll, conducted over the weekend, finds that only 39% of voters in the state support the voting/elections law to 50% who are opposed to it.

"The unpopularity of these provisions is enough to make the overall bill unpopular despite the fact that voters support requiring a photo ID to vote. White voters only narrowly support the new voting bill (46/44), while African Americans (16/72) are heavily opposed. Republicans (71%) support the bill but Democrats (72%) are just as unified in their opposition and independents are against it by a 49/43 margin as well. And perhaps most foreboding for Republicans, moderate voters stand against the legislation 70/20.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2013/08/north-carolinians-oppose-voter-bill.html

"PPP's newest North Carolina poll, conducted over the weekend, finds that only 39% of voters in the state support the voting/elections law to 50% who are opposed to it.

"The unpopularity of these provisions is enough to make the overall bill unpopular despite the fact that voters support requiring a photo ID to vote. White voters only narrowly support the new voting bill (46/44), while African Americans (16/72) are heavily opposed. Republicans (71%) support the bill but Democrats (72%) are just as unified in their opposition and independents are against it by a 49/43 margin as well. And perhaps most foreboding for Republicans, moderate voters stand against the legislation 70/20.

Sweet, so if polls are what we are going off of, can we trade a repeal of the voting law for a repeal of Obamacare? Seems fair to me.

I would assume the NC law will make it to the Supreme Court. If it stands up, I would bet on record black and Hispanic voter percentages in 2016.

No one said that. What has been said is this is the new Jim Crow and is absolutely a poll tax.

Back