• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Churches have fog machines now?

Churches have fog machines now?

Pretty standard equipment in today’s megachurches in case they ever need to release a bioweapon on their congregation or if they need to add a little pizazz to the Christmas pageant.

Remember the KY GOP rep who sent the Christmas card of his family holding guns? I guess he got some negative feedback because this went out.

9050314c32a2299331b64f34a419e373.jpg

https://www.businessinsider.com/tru...ld-find-obscure-website-candace-owens-2021-12

Candace Owens says Trump touts vaccines because he's too old to do his own research.

Just more evidence that the Cult of Trump (or Trumpite movement) has taken on a life of its own and even Dear Leader himself can be booed if he disagrees with with one of its creeds, in this case their anti-vaxx position. And it's also evidence that Trumpism in the GOP is likely to outlast even Trump himself.

Makes sense, since it really preceded him. A significant existing GOP degeneration was necessary for him to exploit, rise to power and exacerbate.

Right. GOP leadership is simply a race to harness that degeneration. Some have bowed out of leadership because they know they can’t harness it but they want to keep the benefits of being in the club. Others think they can use the degenerates for their own benefit. Others are degenerates and have been working toward this moment.

So, the criticism is that he doesn’t know how to search well enough to find the predetermined he is looking for.

Just more evidence of the GOP's tolerance and support for diversity! I'm sure when the GOP likely takes control of the House next year thanks mostly to extreme gerrymandering that MTG will be a grand spokesperson for House Republicans!

Wow. That is a gem of a thread. They really hate anything that isn't white.

The logical and arguably inevitable endgame of Trumpism. Specifically, "there was one short section of [Trump, Jr's] speech that I thought was particularly revealing. Relatively early in the speech, he said, “If we get together, they cannot cancel us all. Okay? They won’t. And this will be contrary to a lot of our beliefs because — I’d love not to have to participate in cancel culture. I’d love that it didn’t exist. But as long as it does, folks, we better be playing the same game. Okay? We’ve been playing T-ball for half a century while they’re playing hardball and cheating. Right? We’ve turned the other cheek, and I understand, sort of, the biblical reference — I understand the mentality — but it’s gotten us nothing. Okay? It’s gotten us nothing while we’ve ceded ground in every major institution in our country.”

The Gospel of Trump is in ascendance, while that of Jesus appears to be waning among the very people who claim to worship him.

Of course, they’ve never actually turned the other cheek. And Democrats don’t play hardball.

Back