• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

they don't turn the other cheek. they stand their ground a fire while you flee.

The logical and arguably inevitable endgame of Trumpism. Specifically, "there was one short section of [Trump, Jr's] speech that I thought was particularly revealing. Relatively early in the speech, he said, “If we get together, they cannot cancel us all. Okay? They won’t. And this will be contrary to a lot of our beliefs because — I’d love not to have to participate in cancel culture. I’d love that it didn’t exist. But as long as it does, folks, we better be playing the same game. Okay? We’ve been playing T-ball for half a century while they’re playing hardball and cheating. Right? We’ve turned the other cheek, and I understand, sort of, the biblical reference — I understand the mentality — but it’s gotten us nothing. Okay? It’s gotten us nothing while we’ve ceded ground in every major institution in our country.”

The Gospel of Trump is in ascendance, while that of Jesus appears to be waning among the very people who claim to worship him.

He is an ass, but saying that turning the other cheek has gotten us nothing is not close to saying "the teachings of Jesus have gotten us nothing." That's not an honest portrayal of his point. He is a horrible person whose faults are obvious. No one needs to embellish to make him look awful.

So he’s saying “a teaching of Jesus has gotten us nothing.”

He is an ass, but saying that turning the other cheek has gotten us nothing is not close to saying "the teachings of Jesus have gotten us nothing." That's not an honest portrayal of his point. He is a horrible person whose faults are obvious. No one needs to embellish to make him look awful.

which teachings of jesus that are more fundamental than 'turn the other cheek' do we think modern republicans believe got them something?

Plus, turn the other cheek is just the named reference. The basic gist - treat others as you'd like to be treated, loving your neighbor, forgiving people, practicing grace - that's the "mentality" he's railing against. It's always been the Trump way - the ends justify the means. It's not a disingenuous portrayal, at all, of the pitch he's making. There's nothing new about it other than the out loud recognition that it is a complete odds with Christian morals.

What it shows is the 100% confidence in the subversion of the MAGA crowd. It's "I could shoot somebody on 5th avenue" again. And he's just as right as Trump was back then, which is just a larger reality that Hillary's deplorables comment was only wrong in that it was overly conservative on the percentages.

Seems like something the CIA should investigate.

LOL. The Russian honeypot.

also gambling is illegal in almost all of Russia.

Guy who told President Biden "Let's Go Brandon" and claimed he was not a "Trumper" and only meant the remark "in jest" when he was slammed on social media went on Steve Bannon's show and gave a very different story. He believes the 2020 election was stolen from Trump, was "proud" of his remarks, and wore a MAGA cap. In other news The Oregonian learned that he was a cop for six years who resigned in 2018 (he refused to give an explanation for why he quit), and he now works for an electric company owned by relatives who gave money to Trump's 2020 presidential campaign. Looks like the dude has decided to cash in on his 15 minutes of fame. But remember, he's a proud family values Christian!

up next: a gofundme and an invitation to CPAC.

We have to stop giving these trolls so much attention.

This is an odd platform. God + family values goes back a while but this cat's added Bitcoin.

The whole conservative states rights thing has morphed into this weird idea that everyone in a state can be characterized as blue or red.

If MTG wants to destroy the United States she should come right out and say it. People are too dumb to understand what she's actually saying.

Back