• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Oh yeah, let's go visit some famous Mussolini sites, like the trains that ran on time, the Mussolini balcony, and the street they dragged his dead body down.

It’s weird that I know the rage over last night’s speech is going to come from my MAGA Facebook friends, but they’re essentially lagged out until they get their marching orders.

Didn't MTG claim she was swatted by someone who opposed her anti-trans stances? That sounds like... the opposite?

It’s the modern equivalent of burning a cross on someone’s yard.

Not fascist at all. Last night Trump said Xi and Putin were both fierce and smart. Claims Xi is smart because he rules over 1.5 billion people with an iron fist.

Byron Williams: The U.S. is not a theocracy, nor should it be

“The church is supposed to direct the government. The government is not supposed to direct the church. That is not how our Founding Fathers intended it. And I’m tired of this separation of church and state junk. It’s not in the Constitution. It was in a stinkin’ letter and it means nothing like what they say it does.” — Rep. Lauren Boebert

Is it possible to be more obtuse, displaying civic ignorance, while touting one’s anti-American beliefs in a single unhinged screed? It should be the height of improbability that such an individual would be one of the 435 elected members within the House of Representatives, but here we are. It is a world where a sitting U.S. senator can go on a cable news broadcast and irresponsibly declare riots in the streets if charges are brought against a former president without knowing the severity of the charges….

Surprise surprise! Oath Keepers found throughout law enforcement and the military. No that's not the surprise, the surprise is that out of 38k that were leaked only 373 in law enforcement, 117 currently in military and 81 either running or holding office.

Surprise surprise! Oath Keepers found throughout law enforcement and the military. No that's not the surprise, the surprise is that out of 38k that were leaked only 373 in law enforcement, 117 currently in military and 81 either running or holding office.

yeah dude, that's like 1%. the headline is therefore FAKE NEWS MEDIA BIAS

yeah dude, that's like 1%. the headline is therefore FAKE NEWS MEDIA BIAS

I'm not comforted by the fact that for every single one of those 1% they are surrounded by oathkeeper "adjacent" people that are sympathetic to the cause, full support but without the cosplay fetish, and indifferent.

What percent of people are cops? It's not 1%. I'd be curious to know the percent in other professions.

No surprise, but the House GOP has laid out their "plans" for the next term of Congress if they win a majority in November. As expected, no interest at all in actually governing or helping to solve the nation's serious problems - instead there will be two years of endless investigations of Hunter Biden and the Biden family, Merrick Garland, and anything else associated with the Biden administration. “We have an all-star lineup ready to investigate President Biden’s border crisis, energy crisis, inflation crisis,” @repjamescomer told me today.

Back