• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Played around in the test league today. Set pace to slow and all individual shooting to 1/1 for everybody. Won 43-40. Beat same team 80-64 earlier in the year. So if you want to replicate Dean Smith's 4 corners and beat an easy team by only 3 points while scoring in the 40's, there is a way to do that. Then changed everyone to 9/9 for the next game, but forgot to change the pace from slow, so it played like a normal game.

i have to say that i am more than shocked to find myself as the #2 team...you guys must really suck! we ended up 10-10 with nothing really good to come out of the season, especially with a 187 class ranking (which i believe is the lowest of all of us).

having said all of that sunshine, i don't think this recruiting class will be very good. i just looked again and even though i have 3 maxes still...does not look good, not lucky with ties and don't lead on any prefs really. so, yeah!

OCC scheduled.

Big loss 67-49. Gave up a ton of scoring in the post. My opponent has a 6-8 PF who averages 20.5 pts on 56/54/92 shooting. The other one averages 18.3 pts on 60/73/43 shooting. So we held them to near averages, but couldn't hang. My bigs average 13 pts and combined for 5. My frosh SG had 19. No one else had more than 6, including my PG who averages 16.

I'm going to have a weird team next year. I'm losing my only two true PGs, but I didn't recruit any true PGs because my team is so small (and just not good). Most likely, I'll play my PFs at PG (6-6/224 PF, GGEGEG and 6-7/231 PFGGGGG) at PG. They combine for 6.1 ast a game. The starting PGs combine for 6.5 ast. Yes, they're probably true SF, but my team is basically all SF, so I don't have the luxury of playing a good one.

A lot of folks haven't signed up for Deacon. Next season if folks continue to skip adding games, we'll drop it to a smaller subset of owners.

My Deacon invites are done. 5 of my opponents had already done theirs, so thanks.

We can request Scrimmages now. Feel free to send me some next season. I'll do the same.

I got green check marks for all my OOC games except Oxford.

I only see Scrimmages in the test league. ??

My Team --> Scrimmages

Myrtle Beach Bullish Deacs t77, Conf 10, coachph
Scrimmages

[h=2]Results[/h]None
[h=2]Request New Scrimmage[/h]
Pseudo Credits600
League

Team
[h=2]Open Scrimmages[/h]None
[h=2]Pending Scrimmages[/h]None
[h=2]Expired Scrimmages[/h]None

Some good news going into the final game of the season. I've taken a 2nd CL and look to be trying to win 1 of 3 ties to avoid a walk on. Sitting at 12-11 wasn't the season I expected, but at least we'll avoid a losing season as we face off with Awaken's Durham Deacon Blues on Friday!

I cant tell if I finally figured out my team or I am just playing shitty teams - either way, this last stretch should give some good stuff to work off of for next year after another 150ish recruiting class.

Sorry guys, been a crazy week. I've accepted all games that everyone sent me. Only one that wasn't asked to me was Oxford. Sent that invite out.

Recruiting front looks okay. I have CL's on 3 guards, all smaller, so hoping to win a tie or two. Looking at this:

Joseph Brook - 6'7 - Exc scouted +5 that will do the dirty work at either forward spot
Larry Gary - 6'3 - Good scouted +7 - scoring stud that would instantly be the best player on the team
Ryan Percell - Good scouted +5 that will probably be +6 with INT. Do it all athletic PG that would also be the best player on Flagstaff immediately

I put my chance of winning a tie at like 40% so lets hope the RNG is nice to me Saturday.

My 3 CL's include a small Good scouted +5 who is a really good PG who can do it all but score, a small volume scorer who plays zero defense, and a stud PF who is unfortunately stuck in a 6'1 body. Either way i'll be adding 3 guys who are better than the 3 guys i'm losing but winning a max lotto on one of the guards would instantly put me on the right track to being competitive. Would be a nice shot in the arm after a very forgetful 8-16 or 9-15 season....

Last edited:
Amarillo won a 2/2 tie for +5 Hunter Gilley saving us from having any walk ons. the good news ends there as we did take a couple netters

+1/-1 George Blake and +2/-2 Sebastian Edwards.

In Gilley, we did manage to replace our lone Senior starter, but the other two are likely NA players for four seasons...

An almost best case class for Flagstaff as we land a 3/3 and 4/4 tie for Ryan Percell (+5) and Larry Gary (+6) and also bring in a +4 netter. All guards in this class but we added some scoring punch and if they play as I expect, should make our first legitimate run at an NTT run with this class. More to come later....

Durham welcomes a 26/14 class

Andrea Hatfield..FGPGGF was CL
Andrew Lujan.....FGEPGE won 2/2
George Bell......GEGFGP was CL

Cincinnati brings in 2 that were expected and one that wasn't.

Andrew Smith - GGFEEF
Matthew Oneal - GGGGFF
Caleb Chapman - FEENFG - this guy was in my net, he was a PF in high school at 6'5 - these specs look more like a guard to me, but we'll see.

Looks like there was quite a bit more success from Deacon coaches this cycle than last. Unfortunately that didn't really extend to Stillwater - lost what ended up being a 7/7,3/3, and a 3/3, two of them ending up in Athens #1 class, and ended up with a very odd class coming in at +11/-2 and ranked 43/64.

Two net cl's I was expecting in Alex Marotti and Ramiro Goldberg but both came in very differently than expected - Marotti averaged 23.6 ppg(50/40/89) and 7.7 rpg, so of course he came in GFFEFF, while Goldberg averaged 10.4 rpg and had a 4.9/1.4 a/to and came in FGFGFG. If I didn't win a tie, I was expecting to take a walkon or at best one of a couple scrubs we trailed on, but ended up with a guy who I high-netted but was way out of reach. Not sure how I ended up with him but I was happy to see that I did - he comes in at FGEFEN. Should be a good fit at bpg which was a need for us and depending on how the n athleticism plays out, he may have a chance to start in a couple years.

We're lacking a true center but if Marotti and Goldberg play more like their hs production that their ratings we should be in position to repeat in c26 and be competitive with most ntt teams. Looking forward to a fresh batch of recruits to pick through.

Looks like awaken and I split on our maxes. Introducing the Myrtle Beach #26 rated class:

Zaire Billings 6-7/246 C GGEFEE (+8) Oh man, I'm hyped about this guy. 17.2 pts, 9.2 reb, 2.8 ast, 1.0 stl, 2.8 blk. 52/44/83. Should start at PF from game 1 based on his weight. I have the option of playing him as a Rodney Rogers type SF if I recruit more bigs.

Giancarlo Foster 6-2/212 SG GGGGGF (+5) Net player who came up 0/0 at the reveal. I was disappointed that someone caught me for him on Friday after I neglected to put points on him while chasing another player. 21.9 ppg volume scorer who shot 8.8-16.4 (54%) including 58% from inside the arc. 90% FT shooter as well. I have a tough choice to make here. Try him as a scoring PG (only 2.1 ast at SG) or play him as a 5/1 bSG behind top returning scorer Soph SG Cameron Howard (12.5 ppg, 51/40/84). It would be nice to get 40 minutes of continuous scoring at SG.

Kristopher Schmeling 6-9/255 C FFGFFF (+1) My lone disappointment. I maxed him as a safe bet to get a solid unmaxed big. He was unmaxed and I held him. His ratings are a major disappointment for a 11.1 reb guy. He should be a solid bC though. I did need some bulk.

I'll send out and accept some scrimmages after I figure out my lineup.

Last edited:
Attributes from stats are downright inscrutable - especially in rebounding. In the test league, someone won one of the acknowledged stud recruits of that season, and was surprised that he had Poor rebounding (11.5 avg is "Poor"). He was almost one standard deviation above the mean and came in Poor! WTF!?!?!? So how will this player perform? Continue to get 11.5 rpg, or much less bc he is a Poor rebounder?

I suppose an easy schedule/poor competition could explain it, but how is a coach supposed to know this? Coaches need more info: HS scrimmages, HS box scores, etc. I guess this will come in time. I really miss HS scrimmages. I could see stuff like volume shooters, FT%, performance against good competition....

Only 22 players (all C) averaged 11+ reb last season. Your guy 6-10/237 Andrea Hatfield averaged 11.0 reb as a Fair scouted Fair rebounder and came in as a Good rebounder. 6-9/255 Schmelling averaged 11.1 reb as a Poor scouted Fair rebounder and came in as Fair rebounder. The clue may have been that Hatfield was on a Good rebounding team.

For what it's worth, two bigs were Exc scout with Exc rebounding. They averaged 10.1 and 10.5 reb.

Just looked back over it and realized that my guy Schmelling played with a 6-9 PF Poor scout with Exc- rebounding who averaged 7.9 reb. There's no rhyme or reason.

Last edited:
Only seeing scrimmages in test league

Durham Deacon Blues t80, Conf 10, awaken31
Coach My Team
Stats Schedule Last Year's Stats
My Team Practice OOC Games

Spokane t-Deacon Blues t219, Conf 28, t-awaken
Coach My Team
Stats Schedule Last Year's Stats
My Team Practice OOC Games Scrimmages

Back