• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ouch

I hate buzz's guts and I have no problem with his bullcrap comment.

I concur. I bet Mr. Wellman loves this kind of response from [Redacted] (The response and the motivation tactic used with the team). I also bet that Mr. Wellman thinks [Redacted] is a total warrior for coaching through pneumonia. I'm certain that we will hear all about [Redacted]'s medical diagnosis, at the right time, from Mr. Wellman.

This is so much better than waiting for Christmas to come.

That said, the column doesn't seem all that scathing to me. The main takeaway is that Bz is one weird dude and Dan knows he's gone.

The slow motion train wreck grinds on. Thanks Ron!

I don't think that the article is scathing. It is much more like a paper cut than butcher knife. You get the impression that Dan likes Bz and it really hurts him to say negative things especially when he has failed to become better friends with him; but the truth must be told.

You feel sympathy for Dan and in some way for Bz. Yet the unmistakable conclusion is that he has failed in a drastic way.

Masterful in some respects.

So I think we can put to rest this notion that Dan has had to take it easy on Bz unless he knows Wellman is gone, too.

Confused about the pneumonia. I thought I read that in Dan's piece a few days ago.

At this point, I'm still a combination of bummed, numb, and indifferent. The program is in shambles for no good reason at all.

Until we get a halfway decent replacement coach, I can't see myself feeling any other way.

So I think we can put to rest this notion that Dan has had to take it easy on Bz unless he knows Wellman is gone, too.

Confused about the pneumonia. I thought I read that in Dan's piece a few days ago.

I thought TV told us about it during the FSU game.

Yep. Don't roll the quad after the coach is gone. That's what we did last time. It didn't work out.

I feel like Dan thinks the problem is Wellman and not Buzz, but saying so directly would be career suicide, so he opts for subtle Wellman jabs instead.

At this point, I'm still a combination of bummed, numb, and indifferent. The program is in shambles for no good reason at all.

Until we get a halfway decent replacement coach, I can't see myself feeling any other way.

This is where I am. Do people really have the confidence that Wellman will make a good hire? He brought this disaster to Wake.

First of all I'll call out Dan. If you've waited four years to tell us about the real Bzz... well, that's shoddy reporting. Second, I'm sorry the guy has pneumonia. That sucks. I lost a father to it when I was a kid (see how you can pull the heartstrings?) but the fact remains he is a bad coach. Find something you're good at. I think Dan just feels bad about piling on and wanted to pull back a little in this blog. That's understandable because he doesn't want to completely torch the bridge to Wellman.

This is just getting tiresome. He probably looked at all the threads Moon started today and wrote this fluff piece. Who are we supposed to feel sorry for here? I'll answer that... the Wake Forest fans who remember the great days and want more than anything for Wake to be relevant again. That's who. I don't feel for Dan, Bzz, Wellman or the big money. I'm just a fan who wants to go to work on Monday and tell my Tarheel coworkers how much I enjoyed kicking their ass in Chapel Hill. That's what I want.

First of all I'll call out Dan. If you've waited four years to tell us about the real Bzz... well, that's shoddy reporting. Second, I'm sorry the guy has pneumonia. That sucks. I lost a father to it when I was a kid (see how you can pull the heartstrings?) but the fact remains he is a bad coach. Find something you're good at. I think Dan just feels bad about piling on and wanted to pull back a little in this blog. That's understandable because he doesn't want to completely torch the bridge to Wellman.

This is just getting tiresome. He probably looked at all the threads Moon started today and wrote this fluff piece. Who are we supposed to feel sorry for here? I'll answer that... the Wake Forest fans who remember the great days and want more than anything for Wake to be relevant again. That's who. I don't feel for Dan, Bzz, Wellman or the big money. I'm just a fan who wants to go to work on Monday and tell my Tarheel coworkers how much I enjoyed kicking their ass in Chapel Hill. That's what I want.

If DV7 is any indication, Dan will answer this type of criticism in the comments section.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DirkTheDeac again.

Good post. The plight of the Wake fans has been untold.

Yes

Back