• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Our Next BB Coach or #MannUp + other coach talk

who cares about shaka when BRUCE PEARL is available. that would be awesome. HE MADE TENNESSEE GOOD.

ok, we get it, you think the best coach we can get is larry fucking eustacy or something ridiculous. sorry for having a little blind optimism

Just let appetit pick the next up and comer and we're done.

What in the history of Ron Wellman and Wake sports leads you guys to believe anything in the realm of Shaka Smart is happening?

Just let appetit pick the next up and comer and we're done.

What in the history of Ron Wellman and Wake sports leads you guys to believe anything in the realm of Shaka Smart is happening?

i guess you didn't hear about the upcoming coup led by the strattons. and also BallStateDeac winning the 400 million dollar powerball.

i would actually endorse larry eustacy. that would be awesome. he'd show up to games drunk and stuff.

"why'd you lose the va tech game coach?"
"well, some tri delts dared me to drink fireball with them"

who cares about shaka when BRUCE PEARL is available. that would be awesome. HE MADE TENNESSEE GOOD.

pearl.jpg

i didn't hear about this.... maybe this can happen!

i just want you to have a little more optimism than hoping we snag the guy from northern arizona state because of an excel spreadsheet. we have money, we're in the ACC, and TIM DUNCAN and CHRIS PAUL actually went here

Money is the ultimate game changer. We have a lot of it or could procure what we needed very quickly.

from the wikipedia article on UT basketball (was trying to remember Chris Lofton):

"In his second year, Martin failed, to reach the NCAA tournament, officially putting Martin on the "hot seat". Martin's third year is looking promising but only time can tell. If Martin can't put together an NCAA team, it is widely known that Pearl can return as the coach for the 2014-15 season."

WE BETTER HURRY UP

appetit and others were on Brad Stevens before he went to a final four and half the board poo-pooed it. The best way to get Brad Stevens or Shaka is to get him before he becomes brad stevens or Shaka.

I like yalls approach to the coaching problem: Who is the best most desired coach out there? Offer him all of the moneys!

Money is the ultimate game changer. We have a lot of it.

"ron, why the fuck would i want to live in winston-salem?"
"here are 50 million reasons why, awesome coach"
/ron opens vault to swimming pool full of money, they both jump in and defy physics

appetit and others were on Brad Stevens before he went to a final four and half the board poo-pooed it. The best way to get Brad Stevens or Shaka is to get him before he becomes brad stevens or Shaka.

I like yalls approach to the coaching problem: Who is the best most desired coach out there? Offer him all of the moneys!

if you like our approach to hiring coaches, you'll love our recruiting approach. we're gonna be the next UNLV

the dude won 30 games his first year, stevens wasn't a stretch

I'm still not sure why Shaka turning down UCLA confirms he isn't interested in coaching at a large school.

Why limit it to 4 million? Let's offer him 7.5 mill a year. I'm sure we are willing to spend more on a basketball coach than UCLA.

Also, for someone who is pretty sensitive on these boards you sure do throw out a lot of name calling first rj.

Your posts were dripping with condescension and you know it. If you act like a douche, you get treated like one.

If you simply disagree, you get treated with respect.

You chose to be arrogant and condescending. Don't cry if you are treated the way you have been.

Back