• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Paterno Dead at Age 85

Nothing earth shattering in the interview that I've heard. He basically just said he had no idea how to handle it and was a bit overwhelmed so he turned the matter over to his supervisors. I had also heard somewhere that Mike McQueary said he did not tell Paterno the specifics out of respect for him.

He went to Brown and studied the classics, where there are a TON of rape stories. I think it is bull that he never heard of "rape and a man" as he put it. No way.

usually when something like this leaks its only a matter of time

regardless of what went on, still very sad to hear

Twitter machine indicating that he has passed. RIP.

Neither ESPN, CNN nor NBC is reporting this yet......

Nothing earth shattering in the interview that I've heard. He basically just said he had no idea how to handle it and was a bit overwhelmed so he turned the matter over to his supervisors. I had also heard somewhere that Mike McQueary said he did not tell Paterno the specifics out of respect for him.

What you heard is very true. Thoughts and prayers to his friends and family.

An old man dying of a broken heart. Sadly, that'll make some here happy and I'd love to meet them in person.

This is Starting to remind me of the revisionist history after Nixon died.

Watching an all-star game with Coach Bowden coaching. I'll be curious if he comments about his good friend.

I'm glad he know that the world knows he didn't do enough. No surprise, Sandusky thing was going to kill him.

ya i just saw that, but where theres smoke...... regardless not good

Hurricanes telecast took time out to announces that he has passed away. Very sad news

Back