• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Paterno Dead at Age 85

I will not shed a tear. Sure, he never anally raped young boys but he damn sure allowed it to go on years longer than it should have.

I feel worse for the family than I do him. None of this could be easy for them.

CBS retracts story and JoePa's son tweets that he's still alive. This reminds me of another celebrity death this year where the family had yet to be notified so they pulled the story. Of course it was true all along.

I think the definition of hell is whatever happens to people who help harbor pedophiles and ruin the lives of innocent children.

Paterno accomplished something in his life, you never will.

Because Paterno's Grand Experiment influenced thousands of people, who in turn, had a positive influence on their communities. Paterno revolutionized the student-athlete model. We can thank him for setting the stage for a program like Wake to compete with the FSUs of the world while churning out scholar athletes. Not that hard to figure out why he's a great man.

Because Paterno's Grand Experiment influenced thousands of people, who in turn, had a positive influence on their communities. Paterno revolutionized the student-athlete model. We can thank him for setting the stage for a program like Wake to compete with the FSUs of the world while churning out scholar athletes. Not that hard to figure out why he's a great man.

Tell that to the dozens (possibly more) boys who were rapped as a result of him staying silent so he could protect his little football program. I am sure they would be choked up about Joe's wonderful accomplishments.

The legacy of "churning out scholar athletes" is one that I'd question. I'm sure everyone will say that, but really? It's not long ago that his players were organizing assaults against students on campus, and when they were faced with disciplinary action Paterno refused to let the university deal with it according to protocol.

I would rather accomplish little than to let the lust for accomplishment cloud my moral judgment.

You can't make that statement with any level of certainty. In fact, only one person (who may or may not be alive) may or may not understand what went through Paterno's head. This situation in ridden with speculation, scapegoating and those so quick to rip Paterno never seem to mention the victims in all of this.

Caturday- You might want to consider an avatar change before engaging anymore in this thread.

You can't make that statement with any level of certainty. In fact, only one person (who may or may not be alive) may or may not understand what went through Paterno's head. This situation in ridden with speculation, scapegoating and those so quick to rip Paterno never seem to mention the victims in all of this.

Disagree. The details that everyone has admitted to point to the fact that Papa Joe did the very least he could do to stop anal rape without being criminal. The ones who never mention the victims are the ones that are emotional invested in a stupid football program. In fact, they would lead you to believe that the real victim is a sad old man who could not muster up the moral courage to do what is right.

I will not shed a tear. Sure, he never anally raped young boys but he damn sure allowed it to go on years longer than it should have.

Classy. We don't even know the facts of the case.

God speed Coach Paterno.

Glad this didn't turn into the pissing match that I thought it would.

Paterno may not be dead yet, but apparently good journalism is.

Tell that to the dozens (possibly more) boys who were rapped as a result of him staying silent so he could protect his little football program. I am sure they would be choked up about Joe's wonderful accomplishments.

I imagine they were taught to supress their gag reflex

Last edited:
Back