• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Peace out public service loan forgiveness

LOL. Not the least bit surprising that board liberals think there is nothing wrong with not paying one's debts.....or that people shouldn't even be expected to repay their debts. Self responsibility is right out the window here.

LOL. Not the least bit surprising that board liberals think there is nothing wrong with not paying one's debts.....or that people shouldn't even be expected to repay their debts. Self responsibility is right out the window here.

says the guy who never incurred any debt cause he was coddled like a toy poodle his whole life.

Says the guy who was handed a company and his future financial success.

What a shock that the new BKF doesn't understand that taking lower paying jobs to help the community is paying the debt versus taking a higher paying job.

A lot of people took jobs that they did or entered into the specific part of their profession that they did specifically because of this program.

Not going to get estoppel against the government except in rare cases, but this is pretty messed up.

i guess that extends to Trump's expert use of the bankruptcy legal framework, right

I wouldn't expect somebody who was handed everything to start their life to understand the type of debt people take on. Nobody here thinks there shouldn't be consequences for not paying back debt, what a JHMD'esque straw man.

#JamesSokolove2012BKFPostFinderSignal

What about the responsibility of the government to follow through on a promise it made to people who took lower paying public service jobs in lieu of this offer?

That being said I'm all for finding a middle ground and capping the debt forgiveness number. Paying off med and laws school debt in the hundreds of thousands would be hella expensive. I believe Obama attempted to do this.

pretty sure BKF has me blocked again (?), so someone ask him about Trump not paying his debts via bankruptcy and or just the old stiff move

Paying off med and law school debt in exchange for practicing in parts of the country that have huge shortages is well intentioned and necessary. Often places that need the most care have the least access. It's the reason why foreign doctors can expedite citizenship, licensing etc.. through practicing in shitty places like middle of no where Mississippi. Make America Great Again by using ohh I don't know incentivizing American doctors.

Tell that to a party who believes that healthcare is a good and not a natural right.

How come you let Trump off the hook for not repaying hundreds of millions in debts to banks and shareholders?

How come you let Trump off the hook for not paying millions upon millions in debts to vendors whose products he used for years?

My bad, as Hypocrite-In-Chief, nothing Trump does is wrong and he can be absolved of being a serial thief.

This is just like BKF opposing transgendered people using the bathroom but supporting Trump bragging about going into the dressing room of Miss Teenage America to see naked and half naked teenage girls. Then justifying it by saying it's a perk of ownership.

Obviously because he is going to #MakeAmericaWhiteAgain and provide two parent households with his deep religious convictions.

Thank goodness we have a Christian Man in the White House again after that Muslim Obama.

It's not about that. It means that people who would have accepted a lower paying job that would serve the public won't do that anymore. To the detriment of all of us. It was a market incentive to try to get people to accept those jobs. Thought conservatives were all about market-based solutions.

It's not about that. It means that people who would have accepted a lower paying job that would serve the public won't do that anymore. To the detriment of all of us.

Well at least we have immigrants to fill those jobs that none of us want to take....oh wait a minute!!!

I also have no idea why we ever allow boomers to lecture us on financial responsibility. That generation has never paid for a goddamn thing in their life.

I hope Trump takes it in the ass just so bkf can as well.

Never ever wanted a President to ever fail, but Trump is hardly Presidential.

I also have no idea why we ever allow boomers to lecture us on financial responsibility. That generation has never paid for a goddamn thing in their life.

You mean the only generation to ever have a balanced federal budget?

The generation that gave the world the greatest music ever? The PC? The internet?

What has Gen-X and after created besides Facebook and Twitter? Which are the internet's version of writing on bathroom walls.

You mean the only generation to ever have a balanced federal budget?

The generation that gave the world the greatest music ever? The PC? The internet?

What has Gen-X and after created besides Facebook and Twitter? Which are the internet's version of writing on bathroom walls.

balanced the budget once? lulz

not an accomplishment when you bankrupted humanity

Back