• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pelosi’s Husband Hospitalized After Assualt

People who will believe that an ordinary pizza joint in DC is actually a cover for wealthy liberal elitists and pedophiles to abuse kids will believe pretty much anything.
In the basement. It all happened in the non existent basement.

People and especially media need to stop using it.

Twitter doesn’t offer an indispensable product. There are plenty of competitors. The main thing Twitter offers is plenty of users. Advertisers are going to leave unless the user base declines.

Twitter is going to be increasingly a toxic force for wickedness.

….And there was much rejoicing on the part of Republicans and Putin and other enemies of decency and democracy.
I've seen articles and social media posts from a good many people, including some liberals, over the past several months saying that Musk should be forced to follow through on his offer and buy Twitter. I've never thought it was a good idea for him to gain control of a platform as popular as Twitter and basically turn it into Facebook and the Wild West for right-wing and racist posts. Musk taking over Twitter was never going to be anything other than a shitshow - Musk himself has already tweeted fake right-wing information (or insinuations) about the attack on Pelosi's husband. But hey, having another influential and heavily-used media platform get bought by a right-wing nut is no problem! Between this and CNN getting bought by a right-wing outfit, the percentage of media that falls into the dreaded "liberal mainstream media" category is getting awfully slim these days.

Elon Musk and Pulitzer prize winning journalist Glenn Greenwald among the many "just asking questions".

I've seen articles and social media posts from a good many people, including some liberals, over the past several months saying that Musk should be forced to follow through on his offer and buy Twitter. I've never thought it was a good idea for him to gain control of a platform as popular as Twitter and basically turn it into Facebook and the Wild West for right-wing and racist posts. Musk taking over Twitter was never going to be anything other than a shitshow - Musk himself has already tweeted fake right-wing information (or insinuations) about the attack on Pelosi's husband. But hey, having another influential and heavily-used media platform get bought by a right-wing nut is no problem! Between this and CNN getting bought by a right-wing outfit, the percentage of media that falls into the dreaded "liberal mainstream media" category is getting awfully slim these days.

Which begs the question. Why aren’t liberals and progressives buying media outlets? That would do more good than all these consulting outfits putting out these crappy emails and texts to donors. Sinclair had bought up a bunch of local TV stations. Republicans buy Spanish-language stations in swing stages for a fraction of what it costs to advertise statewide.

I'm seeing on twitter that there have been verrrrrrrry quiet retractions of the part about the attacker being in his underwear. Blows a massive hole in most conspiracy theories. I'm interested to hear the story behind the poor security.

I'm seeing on twitter that there have been verrrrrrrry quiet retractions of the part about the attacker being in his underwear. Blows a massive hole in most conspiracy theories. I'm interested to hear the story behind the poor security.

Wait, what? First I've heard of this, embarrassed to have googled it, but here we are:

CORRECTION: An earlier version of this story misstated what clothing the suspect was wearing when officers found him.

"when officers found him"???

I’m so glad Elon’s hands are on the wheel of Twitter.

The poor attacker thought he was going to be a conservative hero and martyr but now conservatives think he is the over dramatic gay lover of Nacy Prlosi’s husband.

twitter is going to tank if it becomes a lawless wasteland

1. It can't. Elon says it can't.

In a letter posted to Twitter (TWTR), Musk said he doesn’t want the platform to become a “free-for-all-hellscape where anything can be said with no consequences,” despite his stated promise to rethink on its content moderation policies and bolster “free speech.”

2. If Trump can't have it, maybe Elon wants to burn it down. Similar strategy being played out by Putin in Ukraine.

I am sure Rand Paul will be on shortly to condemn this...

Just the absolute worst people imaginable.

Remember when these mf-ers were wringing their hands over people protesting outside the home of Brett Kavanaugh?

Rand was pretty quick to say "but what about MEEEEEEEEE?"

Back