• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Penn State Penalties: $60mm, 4 year bowl ban, scholarship reduction, vacated wins

They are so screwed. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving bunch.

Well, since it seems that the current players and the innocent fans are the ones most directly affected in the present, I guess you think they deserve it? 'Cause I don't see how this is hurting Sandusky, Spanier, and the others. It just hurts the innocent, as most NCAA smackdowns do.

Well, since it seems that the current players and the innocent fans are the ones most directly affected in the present, I guess you think they deserve it? 'Cause I don't see how this is hurting Sandusky, Spanier, and the others. It just hurts the innocent, as most NCAA smackdowns do.

There are plenty of PSU fans in the joint. The fact Sandusky ruined Penn State football will cause them to take their pain out on his posterior.

It seemed clear that the joke of an organization had overstepped it's bounds, but I needed confirmation. Thanks reff. Your support of the NCAA in this matter is the only confirmation I need to know they effed up again.

Glad to know that Eagle knows no bounds in irrational thinking. The fact that the head football coach covered up what his assistant was doing so he could keep his football program from getting in trouble, keep it able to get top recruits, keep his top assistant from getting arrested and sent to jail [a pedophile molesting little boys] is criminal. Penn State got what they deserved and will not recover for about the same 10 years+ that they have been hiding this. Their president knew Jo Pa knew and most on campus knew. The NCAA did not over step their bounds. They stepped it up to let the athletic world know that the athletic tail does not wag the dog at their univerisites. Presidents, get control of your coaches and your alumni base and realize your kids should be going to class and staying out of trouble. Keep your coaches from playing with little boys in the shower.

EagleDeac, you have a weird mind and are one effed up dude.

Glad to know that Eagle knows no bounds in irrational thinking. The fact that the head football coach covered up what his assistant was doing so he could keep his football program from getting in trouble, keep it able to get top recruits, keep his top assistant from getting arrested and sent to jail [a pedophile molesting little boys] is criminal. Penn State got what they deserved and will not recover for about the same 10 years+ that they have been hiding this. Their president knew Jo Pa knew and most on campus knew. The NCAA did not over step their bounds. They stepped it up to let the athletic world know that the athletic tail does not wag the dog at their univerisites. Presidents, get control of your coaches and your alumni base and realize your kids should be going to class and staying out of trouble. Keep your coaches from playing with little boys in the shower.

1. Sandusky wasn't an assistant when the incidents leading to the punishment took place. He was retired.
2. Most on campus knew? Where in your deluded mind is that coming from? Four people knew. What they did was unforgiveable. There's no need to make it something it's not. The truth is bad enough.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. Of course, if God was inclined to show some mercy, he could stop by having you stop posting on these boards.

The NCAA is punishing the institution of Penn State University. Since the complicity in the cover up went to the very highest levels, to those responsible for maintaining the integrity of the institution, the institution is being punished. Penn State University is being punished and Penn State University is not innocent. Yes, individuals who are not directly involved are affected but they can choose not to be associated with Penn State.

Complicity on the lowest level was a problem too. We've seen evidence that the victims told people only to be dismissed. There needed to be a stronger message to encourage people to come forward about corruption before the cover up leads to a more severe punishment.

I've stated my take on this a few times, but in short, the PSU culture needed to be sanctioned back to the stone age to start over. They hero worshiped a man to the point where multiple professional academic administrators agreed to cover up the rape of a boy, permitting the same to continue. The players, regrettably, are collateral damage.

And don't think this isn't hurting Pateno's legacy which, despite what people say, had PSU returned to greatness quickly, people would have ignored that hole dust up with the anal rape. Don't believe me? Go take a look at PSU's message boards. Sandusky and Spainer are feeling this too.

NEW YORK -- Penn State starting quarterback Matt McGloin has tweeted that he intends to stay with the Nittany Lions.

McGloin tweeted that the penalties announced by the NCAA on Monday were "extremely harsh."

"I am a Nittany Lion and will remain one." he also tweeted. "I believe in the core values I have learned in this program. It is not Nittany Lion Football. It is Nittany Lion family."

Penn State players are allowed by the NCAA to transfer to another school without sitting out a year.

McGloin, a former walk-on, was given the starting job last month by coach Bill O'Brien.

He completed just 54 percent of his passes last season, and missed the TicketCity Bowl vs. Houston -- a 30-14 loss -- after sustaining a concussion in a locker-room scuffle with a teammate.

Good values they got goin' on over there.

Bill O'Brien was just on Mike and Mike. Seems like a solid guy. Hell if I would want his job though.

1343138299311.cached.jpg

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...tator-penn-state-deserved-its-punishment.html

Bill O'Brien was just on Mike and Mike. Seems like a solid guy. Hell if I would want his job though.

He was on Sports Center as well. I can see why PSU hired him. I'd bet he was a great interview.

I agree, he's got one tough job, but he'll probably get the longest honeymoon period any D1 coach ever got.

Penn State fans are obscene. The look on those girls' faces is absurd.

I bet people would think that seeing the PSU reactions would provide them more sympathy but I found myself getting angrier that they actually can play football now.

Should have been the death penalty, they might as well get rid of the DP in college athletics now.

I believe that Penn State got what they deserved, yet I'm not sure I like the precedent the NCAA has set nor am I sure that the NCAA had the power to do this. Penn State simply accepting the punishment saves the NCAA from a lot of lawsuits and headaches. It doesn't seem like the NCAA had this in their guidelines that they could punish a school for ethical violations that don't lead to a competitive advantage. My question is where does the NCAA stop? Can they suspend a player for a DUI? Could they ban Arkansas for a year from postseason for their head coach having an affair with a recruiting assistant?

The punishment is just, just don't like how the NCAA got there and how it widens their power.

You, my friend, are a complete moron.

Back