• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

People u went to high school w/ who were murdered, drug overdose, suicide, etc.

I've personally known two people that have been murdered and I've found it interesting how my reactions to those deaths differed from hearing the news of other deaths. Murder just makes me cringe when I think of the persons final moments. One was a colleague who's boyfriend shot her and then killed himself. The other was a family friend who was stabbed multiple times and had his throat cut a couple of months ago by a guy he hired to do some housework.

Oh I completely forgot that I was in the same scout troop as the App Student that got murdered a few years back over a drug deal gone bad:

"Three Charged After App State Student Found Dead In Burning Car

POSTED: 12:57 pm EST November 9, 2005
UPDATED: 5:15 pm EST November 9, 2005

BOONE, N.C. -- Authorities in Watauga County have arrested three men in connection with the death of a 19-year-old Appalachian State University sophomore from Raleigh, whose body was found Tuesday in the trunk of a burning car.

Firefighters responded Tuesday morning to a report of a fire in a red Subaru Legacy that was parked on a rural road near N.C. Highway 105 near the community of Foscoe, about halfway between Boone and Grandfather Mountain.

When firefighters and a sheriff's deputy arrived, they discovered the fire was coming from the trunk, where they found the body of Stephen Harrington, 19, of Raleigh.

Matthew Darlymple, 20, Neil Sargeant, 24, and Kyle Triplett. 21. were arrested in connection with the death of Stephen Harrington.

Matthew Dalrymple, 20, of Bessemer City, and Neil Sargeant, 24, and Kyle Triplett, 21, both of Boone, were charged with first-degree murder. The three are jailed without bond and scheduled to appear in court on Dec. 19.

Harrington, who graduated from Wakefield High School, was a dedicated student who loved music, according to band director Joshua Potter.

"He was one of our inaugural band students," Potter said. "He was in the first group at Wakefield to be part of the band program and got it up and running in all the right ways.

Harrington was also a cross-country runner.

Reporter: Amanda Lamb
Photographer: Keith Baker
Web Editor: Kelly Gardner"

Dash is good friends with Stephen's sister.

So along this line, just found out a friends sister-in-law killed herself this past weekend. No history of depression, very much a shock to everyone. I can't imagine.

Most popular kid in our high school, best looking, all world athlete, 2nd in the class in GPA, probably born to be a politician someday, got accused of forcing oral sex at an 8th grade graduation party by the most popular girl in school. Both were friends and flirted together all during that time. About 2 years later the girls mom was snooping in her diary and read something so charges came out sometime in Sophmore year. By Junior year she was dating one of more popular hicks (we were half farm kids half preppy kids) and then the new boyfriend and this guy got into a fight, the dude threatened his twin sister, etc.

Case went to court, and he was found not guilty, but the kids moved up an hour or two away for school, but I guess the mom had to stay down where we were for work. Parents eventually ended up getting a separation, and the kid ended up one day going into his garage and drinking gasoline and lighting it on fire a day after he won the state wrestling title. Obviously he wanted to punish himself going out the way he did, did he blame himself for the divorce, I'm sure. Was he guilty and thus blamed himself? Who the heck knows.

Back