• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Personal Injury Attorney

And I provided the contact for a nice Greek man, who is one of the premier premises liability attorneys in the state of SC, and whose wife recently ran for attorney general and I didn’t even get a thumbs up.

But if they try and pass you off to Roy, say no thank you move on. Trust me on this one.

Some of these comments are not normal internet cracks. And the lawyer is just in case the insurance company doesn’t do the right thing. She fell because water dripped off of the door onto the floor. I don’t know if there is a case here or if we would even want to sue. Just wanted to have a consultation with someone to understand what can and can’t be done. And some of you are miserable fucks.
As I'm sure you know, the "right thing" to an insurance company is limited to, at best, paying for a covered incident under the applicable policy of insurance. In this case, I think we can safely assume that the insurance will only apply in the event that the condo owner was at fault in some way. I only practice in NC, not SC, but I can tell you that you're much better off in SC. NC has contributory negligence, meaning that if your mom was 1% at fault and the property owner was 99% at fault, your mom is entitled to nothing. In NC, a property owner has a duty to inform an invitee of hidden defects of which the owner is aware. If the invitee is aware of the defect, the duty has basically been met. In either state, her knowledge will be an issue. If she had been using this shower for days/weeks and knew it leaked in the way it did, that's an extremely tough case.

As I'm sure you know, the "right thing" to an insurance company is limited to, at best, paying for a covered incident under the applicable policy of insurance. In this case, I think we can safely assume that the insurance will only apply in the event that the condo owner was at fault in some way. I only practice in NC, not SC, but I can tell you that you're much better off in SC. NC has contributory negligence, meaning that if your mom was 1% at fault and the property owner was 99% at fault, your mom is entitled to nothing. In NC, a property owner has a duty to inform an invitee of hidden defects of which the owner is aware. If the invitee is aware of the defect, the duty has basically been met. In either state, her knowledge will be an issue. If she had been using this shower for days/weeks and knew it leaked in the way it did, that's an extremely tough case.
Are hidden defects anything that is not up to code, or more? #notaninsurancelawyer

Are hidden defects anything that is not up to code, or more? #notaninsurancelawyer
It could be a variety of issues, but a shower that's in violation of building codes is probably a per se defect. You still have to prove proximate cause - that the negligence was a reasonably foreseeable cause of the injury.

So if it was her first time ever using the shower (meaning lack of prior notice) and it was unexpectedly allowing water to accumulate on the very slick floor and she stepped out and fell, there's a potential issue there. Even better if prior guests had complained to the property owner about the same issue and they did nothing to correct it or warn about it.

Mental Note: Do not rent a house to anyone related to stratt. I wonder what would happen if the oven let a platter get hot after cooking!

Mental Note: Do not rent a house to anyone related to stratt. I wonder what would happen if the oven let a platter get hot after cooking!
my mom rents her beach house during the summer and now I'm #nervous for her

Folks,

Looking for a recommendation for lawyer. My Mom fell getting out of the shower at a condo in Myrtle Beach and broke her ankle, which has required 2 surgeries and 2 weeks in the hospital/rehab.

I know several folks on here are attorneys. Lemme know who you guys recommend. Thanks in advance.

I hope your mom feels better. We just want all the details.

Glad I don’t listen to some of the genius’s on this board. Spoke with an attorney today and they think we have a case, if we decide to pursue it.

Contingent fee case?

They’ll get the insurance company to settle quickly to avoid the legal expense of any sort of case and he will take his 1/3 plus expenses.

Glad I don’t listen to some of the genius’s on this board. Spoke with an attorney today and they think we have a case, if we decide to pursue it.
I am familiar with most of the plaintiff’s bar of Charleston if you have any questions

Back