• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pickles? Do We Like 'Em?

Do we like pickles?

• Yes

Votes: 51 69.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Doofus/Numbers

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Only in Picklebacks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
kinda weird that yesterday the poll was neck and neck and now today the yeses are just somehow up 20 votes hmm

My n=1 sample take -

love vinegar, well vinegar based foodstuffs, I won't consume it straight
hate pickles

My wife hates vinegar and likes pickles.

My dad hates cucumbers and loves pickles. That's weird, right?

Have you tried the fried eggplant at Cúrate, that’s some good stuff. Also at sichuan cuisine usually there is a crispy eggplant dish, in Atlanta Masterpiece has Eggplant with Chili Powder & Pepper Ash powder and it’s the best eggplant ever.
Yes have had the Curate version even did their rec of getting it with rosemary ice cream for dessert. I’ve eaten plenty of eggplant since my mom loves it so I am out on it. These all have similar mushy texture which is just meh to me.

Can’t stand pickles.

Several years ago I went into the office on a Saturday. Stopped at Chick-Fil-A right near the office, ordered a chicken sandwich with no pickles, drove to the office, got up to my desk, opened the bag…

…And the greasy little fucker at the drive thru had put 13 pickles on my sandwich. Yes, I counted. Never visited that CFA again and I hope that little asshole flunked out of Liberty.
You are in Lynchburg? I'm so sorry.

I've not answered because I do not like a whole big pickel out of a jar. Even long sliced in quarters or something. Now and then I'll eat a few thinly sliced dill ones. I'm talking 2 - 4 and not actually on anything. Then I'm done. So they're just ok I guess.

I've not answered because I do not like a whole big pickel out of a jar. Even long sliced in quarters or something. Now and then I'll eat a few thinly sliced dill ones. I'm talking 2 - 4 and not actually on anything. Then I'm done. So they're just ok I guess.
see this is why I like going to Jimmy John's because you can get a bigass pickle cut into quarters on the side.

Olives, pickles, and blue cheese are my no go zone. And I think maybe it’s just pickled cucumbers. I’ve had pickled peppers that were great.
I have to be in a mood for olives. The occasional dirty martini is good stuff as is a little on a sandwich. Largely not a fan. I'm a blue cheese fanatic though. Straight into the veins.

My daughter is a terrible eater - better now that she is grown but still very, very picky. She has always loved pickles - like loved, loved them. All kinds. She claims to have never had a pickle she doesn't like, though she definitely has favorites.

Won't eat a hamburger, hot dog, filet mignon, any kind of fish, etc., etc. - loves pickles.

My wife didn't eat a cheeseburger until college which I find inconceivable overall. How does that happen?!

Back