• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pinterest

Pinterest, what say you quad

• For girls and guys

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • For girls and gheys

Votes: 57 68.7%
  • Doofus/Numbers

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I should neg rep you for wasting my time

Votes: 16 19.3%

• Total voters
There have been quite a few women founding extremely high profile tech companies recently.

Yea, I am in the thick of the start up world and a lot of the founders we meet aren't even young or men. Older men or young women is who I find at the helm of a lot of companies.

This is exactly how I was explaining it to my husband last night (after I'd told him about 2 recipes I'd pinned, one of which I'll be making in the slow cooker this week).

It's also that they are curated by your friends - you know you can trust Sally's taste but Beth has terrible taste (in food and fashion)

It's also that they are curated by your friends - you know you can trust Sally's taste but Beth has terrible taste (in food and fashion)

Actually you can do a generic search by category, such as on Food and Drink, to find recipes. That is how I found the recipes I pinned last night. Don't know these women from Adam's housecat, but they had some good food pics & recipes on their boards.

I don't know a single ghey on pinterest...and I know a lot of gheys.

edited to say: the gheys are on tumblr.

So I try to "pin it" to stuff and it always says it can't see any images on the page.

What gives, ladies plz halp.

So I try to "pin it" to stuff and it always says it can't see any images on the page.

What gives, ladies plz halp.

this has happened to me once. there was only one picture on that website, and for whatever reason, it wouldn't recognize that the picture was there.

has this happened a lot? if so, try posting (or PMing) the web address and i'll see if i can pin it. if it's only happened once or twice, and there aren't TONS of pictures on the page, then maybe it's just the website you're on. i don't know a lot about building websites, but maybe they're embedded differently or something, so pinterest doesn't recognize them?

So I discovered something awesome (at least to me) the other day. On Firefox (and I think on Chrome too) you can get an add-on for Pinterest that allows you to right click on an image and then post the image/link to your boards.

If you go in your browser to the "Tools" drop down, there is an option called "Add-ons." Just use the search box in the upper right and search for Pinterest.

Then next time you right click on an image, the last option will say "Pin It." It will then open the add pin box and you can choose which board and the description. So much easier than copying the URL and trying to pin from the site.

i think i use something different than what you just described, but i just have a little button that says "Pin it!" on the ribbon at the top of my browser. it instructed me to add that when i first joined pinterest. i thought that's how everybody did it...

i think i use something different than what you just described, but i just have a little button that says "Pin it!" on the ribbon at the top of my browser. it instructed me to add that when i first joined pinterest. i thought that's how everybody did it...

yeah that's what I do.

right clicking would be a nice option, but I don't have to go through copying the url or anything.

Right clicking is working better than the "pin it" button for me.

That's what I do and I love how it lets you pick from all of the images on the page. The addon seems like it might be a good option if the images aren't coming up, though. I did have problems with images not showing up when I was just using the "add" button on the website but so far no problems with my toolbar button!

That's what I do and I love how it lets you pick from all of the images on the page. The addon seems like it might be a good option if the images aren't coming up, though. I did have problems with images not showing up when I was just using the "add" button on the website but so far no problems with my toolbar button!

The toolbar button works great for me. The only time I've encountered not being able to pin something was when the picture was either too small to be recognized or saved with an extension that the Pin It button didn't recognize as an image.

This is applicable here:

tumblr_lyf5xnq4uD1qa0uujo1_500.jpg

I have absolutely no idea what Pinterest is. I've seen it linked to friends on FB, but other than that I got nuthin.

Haha I don't get the "women who wish they were still planning their wedding" one. I DO wish that I was still planning but I don't pin any wedding related ish on there.

Another friend of mine described it as a "women planning weddings they'll never have and designing houses they'll never own". I don't think he gave enough thought to the food side of things though.

Back