• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

picked up a sixer of this stuff from whole foods...very tasty:

hopnotch_label.jpg

Anybody tried the 10 degrees Below by Scuttlebutt?

It is a winter ale - but really weird. It is supposed to be a weizenbock, but it is super sour. Weird, like nothing I have ever had. Not necessarily in a good way. Wondering if I got a bad bottle.

No, it's just straight up bad. Much too sour. I also don't like rye, so that probably didn't help.

Went to Victory Brewing in Downingtown, PA yesterday. Got to try a couple of beers that aren't distributed in this area. Tried their Smokin' Oats Porter and Donnybrook Stout.

The Porter was very good, similar to Fullsteam's Hogwash. The Stout was a very light (3.7%) session-style beer. Was kind of meh. Also had my favorite beer that Victory brews, their Festbier Marzen.

Definitely plan to make another trip there next time I visit the fam.

Finally brought my Infinium to a BYOB place around here to enjoy with a nice meal.

My roommate and the bottle:

395029_717265781533_7206286_35247281_1378222936_n.jpg

I found it very impressive. Crisp, dry, refreshing. Sam Adams - Weihenstephan collaboration, following centuries old purity laws, and though there are only four ingredients, they are diverse and extremely high quality. American barley, German hops, Belgian yeast.

I really want to get my hand on a Sam Adams Utopia.

Went on a MD beer run yesterday, selecting my own 6 pack of MD beers. Had some Heavy Seas Gold Ale. It was very nice and smooth without a bitter aftertaste.

Trying some duclaw today.

the gold ale is probably my favorite session beer

Had Black Oak on draft last night and I was a bit disappointed. I think Duck Rabbit Milk Stout is the better of the two.

I tried out the NoDa Hop, Drop, & Roll IPA this weekend. It was on draft at VGBG. Easily the best of the Charlotte brews. I haven't tried anything else from this brewery, but I'll go out of my way to now.

knocked down some Dogfish Head Midas Touch last night....I normally don't venture into their beers too much because quite frankly I find most of them too weird but we were really impressed with it.

Have mentioned it in this thread before, but bought a 6 pack of the 21st Amendment Back in Black IPA - 6 pack cans - highly, highly recommend. I had it on draft a couple of weeks back, just as good in cans. Havent had a 21st Amendment beer I don't like yet.

Also had a bottle of Sour Apple Saison from Epic Brewing. Thought it sounded intriguing - and was really surprised that it was really good - definitely sour apple taste, but has the farm house ale quality that settles it down from being a "sour". Definitely would recommend.

Lastly, I had the Monk's Uncle Tripel by Pike Pub - probably wouldn't recommend - a little too sweet for me - the price wasn't bad $5.99 for a big bottle (1 pint, 9 ounces) - but it seemed like they were trying to be La Fin Du Monde, and didn't quite hit the mark - it isn't bad, just nothing special. Cool looking bottle, though.

Tried Lagunitas Sucks the other day. Was ok but not really what I expected.

The local Kroger has several cases of Hopslam stocked. Picked up a 6 pack!

My wifes favorite Dogfish head is the Sah'Tea.

The Black & Blue is really good, the Black & Red is not my cup of tea, don't like the Raison D'Etre either, too sweet. The dudes from Dogfish come up to Philly a couple of times a month to do tastings and the bring all the cool the stuff.

I would be hard pressed to find a beer that they do that is better than their 90 minute

My wifes favorite Dogfish head is the Sah'Tea.

The Black & Blue is really good, the Black & Red is not my cup of tea, don't like the Raison D'Etre either, too sweet. The dudes from Dogfish come up to Philly a couple of times a month to do tastings and the bring all the cool the stuff.

I would be hard pressed to find a beer that they do that is better than their 90 minute

I enjoy My Antonia
My-Antonia_beer_medium.jpg

And really really really enjoy Life and Limb
life-and-limb.jpg

never tried their bitches brew, hellhound, or the Pearl Jam one.

Back