• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

DF2009, they are out of Hopslam! I bought 1 6 pack because I didn't want to break the bank on a bunch of them. Went back today and they were all gone.

I talked to a guy at the Party Source and he said that they should have shipments in by Feb 1st.

Dag. Hopefully they'll survive until the 3rd/4th.

NoDa Ryez'd is a solid double...and available in growlers. The hops in Hop, Drop and Roll are 4-5 times normal market price right now, so they aren't offering it by growler unfortunately.

They've been killing their weekly series. They tap a new experiment batch every Tuesday night. I go whenever I can.

I think the girl at Beer Garden told me she'd hook up a growler of Hop, Drop. I might have to take her up on that. I'll definitely give the Ryez'd a try.

You get over to Growler's much? I went there a couple times when it first opened, but I haven't been back.

I think the girl at Beer Garden told me she'd hook up a growler of Hop, Drop. I might have to take her up on that. I'll definitely give the Ryez'd a try.

Wow. That's solid. Met the owner last time I was in there. Solid guy. I didn't realize they were able to sell Growlers from their tap. I may have to head over there with a couple.

You get over to Growler's much? I went there a couple times when it first opened, but I haven't been back.

Occasionally. I live nearby, and I'm out in NoDa all of the time. But, I usually go to Revolution Pizza since they have more taps and I know the manager. Half-price half-pints on Tuesday night is a killer way to try a bunch of beers. I do have a couple Groupon's for Growlers though, so I suspect I'll head out there for a date night with my wife.

Went by NoDa Brewing tonight and had their weekly beer:

I thought it was pretty darn good. Followed it up with a NoDa Ryze'd and a Hop, Drop and Roll, so I was hopped out. In addition to their normal IPA's, I believe they've now done a black, white, and red IPA as part of the NoDable series.

Drinking Westbrook Vanilla Tree Dubbel tonight FTW!

Description from the website:

Vanilla Tree is a Belgian-style dubbel brewed with a variety of dark crystal malts and dark Belgian candi syrup. After fermentation, the beer is aged on whole vanilla beans and toasted oak chips. The result is a wonderfully smooth, malty ale with notes of dark fruit, spice, and (naturally) vanilla and oak!

so good...

brews_flower_power_large.png

hopslam has come to NC. found some in total wine yesterday.

Working through a 6-pack of Hopslam. Really good, but not as standout as I remember, and definitely not worth the price/hype. I guess that's a testament to some of the great beers others are now producing.

Picked up my Hopslam 6 from Common Market. Drank one with my dad this weekend. We both agreed it tastes as thought it has less grapefruit flavor. Slightly more bitter than past batches.

I also got some 21st Amendment IPA. Not a huge fan. It tastes almost sour. I'm going to try another to make sure it wasn't just the first one was off.

Ugh you lucky bastards in NC. I LOVE that beer.

Got growlers of Founders Double Trouble and Dogfish Head Raison D'Etre last night. Mmmmmmmmmm.

I know some folks have posted they like NoDa's Hop, Drop 'n Roll. Just saw an update that they are on the last keg of it and they probably won't have any more for a while, so go out and grab a pint while you can.

The Citra hops that make up the hops blend are impossible to find right now. The current batch was made from hops they bought off another brewery for something like 5 times the normal market price. Other sources are 20+ times the normal market price. When I was in there last, they said they doubted they'd brew another batch until the next hops harvest.

Just in time for this year's Superbowl: Bud Light Platinum. 6% ABV, same price, cobalt blue bottle, 137 cal. College students rejoice!!

I have two bottles of Pearl Jam Twenty headed my way...the brewery didn't have any Bitches Brew :(

Got a bottle of Hennepin and a bottle of Infinium at City Bev today

hennepin is a solid saison, as are all the belgian brews from ommegang...if you're ever touring upstate NY, hit cooperstown and the brewery. great little town, baseball hall of fame, and sweet brewery tour....

how is/was the infinium? i had my hands on one the other day but didn't pull the trigger...

How did you swing that?

They made a second batch apparently thats larger. My friend went on the brewery tour yesterday and we went hunting for it together back in November so he remembered and texted me.

That Pearl Jam Twenty is pretty solid. A very unique flavor. I bought my brother a bottle for his Christmas stocking and picked myself up one as well for Christmas. Good stuff, but far from my favorite DFH offering.

Back