• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

Really? Wow. It's defs not my favorite style (Belgian style IPA), bit I thought it was spectacular. Subtle start, tart and dry through the middle, crisp finish.

I don't think it's a Belgian IPA because there was barely any hop note I got. was very fruit-forward from the currants. Just not my thing.

I don't think it's a Belgian IPA because there was barely any hop note I got. was very fruit-forward from the currants. Just not my thing.

Yeah whoops, I got it confused with the White Birch Belgian Style IPA I got in the same pack. I remember now the currants were pretty strong. I still enjoyed it, though, but you're right, it was a bit disappointing for the price and for what it was.

From Common Market's FB page: Like a Good IPA? Well, if you do, tonight is your night. We are proud to tap 3 wonderful hoppy brews from 3 of the best ones doing it! 3 distinctively different versions...session style - Founders All Day IPS, big style - Ballast Point Sculpin, and bash-you-over-the-head style - Bell's HopSlam!!!

FWIW, i've had several bombers of that BP sculpin and it is a kick-ass IPA...highly recommend.

Anyone tried the Magic Hat Black IPA yet? Just picked it up at Wegmans over lunch - figured I would do a side by side tonight with it and the 21st Back in Black

this weekend's on-tap list...so far, so good:

ommegang+BPA.jpg

Founders-Harvest-Ale.png

Anyone tried the Magic Hat Black IPA yet? Just picked it up at Wegmans over lunch - figured I would do a side by side tonight with it and the 21st Back in Black

Yeah, I liked it quite a bit. Not at all what I was expecting.

Yeah, I liked it quite a bit. Not at all what I was expecting.

Yeah, it surprising tastes more like a like light porter than a dark IPA - interesting. Good.

Also, just picked up a 6 pack of Troegs Nugget Nectar at lunch today - first time I have seen it this year - super psyched about it - assuming these won't last the night.

Yeah, it surprising tastes more like a like light porter than a dark IPA - interesting. Good.

Also, just picked up a 6 pack of Troegs Nugget Nectar at lunch today - first time I have seen it this year - super psyched about it - assuming these won't last the night.

Wow I'm surprised you got it today. They literally came out today. There is a line around the block at the brewery. Enjoy! My roommate is there buying the limit (2 cases and a pony keg).

Wow I'm surprised you got it today. They literally came out today. There is a line around the block at the brewery. Enjoy! My roommate is there buying the limit (2 cases and a pony keg).

They literally had about 100 cases being stocked at Wegmans during lunch, pulled one off the first case they opened.

It is a super hoppy amber ale - I had never seen it, but when I just moved to Philly last February and got on a local craft beer kick and this was one of the first ones I tried - pretty close to one of the best PA brews for me period. Great beer for anyone who likes IPA style beers, and it is very hoppy.

Had an Avery's Maharaja on tap the other night at The Liberty. I had previously only had it in bottles. It was on a whole other level from a fresh tap!

anyone had flying dog raging bitch belgian ipa? they have it on tap at my local watering hole, and thinking about trying it tomorrow. also what about sam adams alpine spring?

Back