• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

hennepin is a solid saison, as are all the belgian brews from ommegang...if you're ever touring upstate NY, hit cooperstown and the brewery. great little town, baseball hall of fame, and sweet brewery tour....

how is/was the infinium? i had my hands on one the other day but didn't pull the trigger...

Haven't drank either bottle yet. Really like Hennepin. My adventures in Upstate don't usually bring me east of Syracuse, though, so I'd have to specifically plan out a trip to the brewery. Got the Infinium on KeystoneDeac's recommendation. : pagingKeystonDeac:

I know some folks have posted they like NoDa's Hop, Drop 'n Roll. Just saw an update that they are on the last keg of it and they probably won't have any more for a while, so go out and grab a pint while you can.

The Citra hops that make up the hops blend are impossible to find right now. The current batch was made from hops they bought off another brewery for something like 5 times the normal market price. Other sources are 20+ times the normal market price. When I was in there last, they said they doubted they'd brew another batch until the next hops harvest.

Efffff. Might try to get out there before the Bobcats game. Or call BG and see how much they still have.

Hopslam still on draft at Dandelion Market as of Friday night.

Got a mix 6 with pearl jam 20, some chocolate stouts, and yards selections. Also getting growlers of founders double trouble (again. I love this beer. 9.5% and it tastes like bubble gum) and founders imperial stout.

Last edited:
so tasty right now after a long run in the cold this afternoon:

Stone-Escondidian-IPA-570x673.jpg

that beer is so so good

i'm about to crack one of these

Bells-Expedition-Stout.jpg

Got a mix 6 with pearl jam 20, some chocolate stouts, and yards selections. Also getting growlers of founders double trouble (again. I love this beer. 9.5% and it tastes like bubble gum) and founders imperial stout.

Tried some of the Founders Double Trouble at Tasty Beverage yesterday. Damn, that is an awesome beer! Yes, I did get a bottle to take home. :)

OFY Cape Fear has Thirsty Dog (an Akron brewery) on tap now. Love seeing Ohio beers out here in Eastern NC.

Joel McHale just tweeted that he and Abed are on their way to Foothills on Abed's Vespa for the release.

Joel McHale just tweeted that he and Abed are on their way to Foothills on Abed's Vespa for the release.

Didn't realize they had started bottling. They were up in DC recently for a beer tasting event in the House that featured tons of microbrewerise from around the country. My friends and I started talking with the guy about W-S and all and he ended up giving us his leftovers at the end of night: 9 huge bottles of IPA and 3 of the Sexual Chocolate.

Drinking a Rayon Vert from Green Flash. Like a slightly more funky, less dry Orval. Going real well with some Thai take out.

Breaking in to the Dogfish Head Pearl Jam 20.

419310_727492082943_7206286_35281646_1744763194_n.jpg

Last edited:
From Common Market's FB page:

Like a Good IPA? Well, if you do, tonight is your night. We are proud to tap 3 wonderful hoppy brews from 3 of the best ones doing it! 3 distinctively different versions...session style - Founders All Day IPS, big style - Ballast Point Sculpin, and bash-you-over-the-head style - Bell's HopSlam!!!
They all start flowing at 6 o'clock!
Taste the flight for FREE from 6-9pm !!! Enjoy $3 pours of each all night!
What else is there to say???
Cheers!

I didn't like that at all, and I was so disappointed since I love PJ and DFH.

Really? Wow. It's defs not my favorite style (Belgian style IPA), bit I thought it was spectacular. Subtle start, tart and dry through the middle, crisp finish.

Back